Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Craigslist kinda Day

IN the true spirit of Spring Cleaning,
I gathered the "MUST GO'S" together,
and went to Craiglist to get a jump start on
my goal of having a clean garage.

First up:
the old navy blue leather sofa and loveseat
the solid oak entertainment center with ball/claw feet
the red plaid sofa from the basement

I got 6 hits within 10 minutes
and the leather stuff was OUTTAHERE!
The oak center has a "pending pickup" for this week.

Next:
The Trampoline Parts leftover after a windstorm
picked it up and carried it over the neighbor's fence.
The mat was still perfect, as were all of the posts but one.

I got more than 6 hits in 10 minutes on that
and it was gone in 30 minutes.
YES!!!

Next:
a Graco baby carseat/carrier with two bases.
I lost track of how many hits we got on that,
but it too was gone in an hour!

Still on:
Two kids' bicycles, 8 car tires (4 snow),
and the red plaid sofa.

At this rate,
I'll reach my goal next weekend
of a clean garage...
thank you Craigslist!!!

I love the ease of letting things go
to SIMPLIFY my life!!

What about your Spring Cleaning efforts?
Just getting revved up
petered out
or all finished?

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I may just do the same! I went through my scrapbooking stuff today and organized my pictures and stuff so that I can start scrapping again. Can't scrap till everything is organized, so first step accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Craig and his list.
    I just finished a project from there. Stay tuned this week, but it's made for a few of my own listings as well. Better get them on there to see how long they last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally my mojo lately too. I just listed an antique desk on craigslist yesterday. Good luck dejunking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is awesome.
    I've never even looked on Craigslist. I have no idea what I've missed out on huh?

    Good for you for getting a jump start on the spring cleaning.
    We're being buried in snow tonight, so I guess I could do winter cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya! I am feelnig so anxious and trapped. Cabin Fever and all that jazz. I told my husband on saturday that I was ready to get rid of half the stuff we own just so I wouldn't feel so surrounded by clutter! he looked at me in alarm and asked me if we couldn't just paint the basement instead. We'll probably do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job to you!! I am just trying to get the energy to THINK about spring cleaning. But your success is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job! I'm an "organizer" so I find all that very fun:D However, a clean garage at my house seems to be impossible:P It used to annoy me, but I have learned it is definitely better to have messy siblings than not to have any at all. ;-)

    Keep up the fantastic work! Awesome blog!
    Madeleine Bonin
    BoninFamilyAdventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Craigslist is great, isn't it?

    Dave kinda takes control of our garage, and he is the neatest, least cluttery person imaginable.

    But I definitely have some stuff I could get rid of in the house...

    "/

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!