Thursday, March 17, 2011

Slappin' the Devil

Tonight as I was yammering on the phone
with my oldest son, David Scott,
I wasn't paying much attention
to what was going on around me.

Mr W was in bed watching basketball,
while The Boofus stood next to the bed
talking to him about something else--
that much I knew
and nothing else.

I went to my side,
and just as I was pushing some pillows aside,
The Caboose
popped up
and yelled, "BOO!"--
it startled me so much
I slapped her arm
in a thoughtless reaction!

She went from laughing
to crying in 0.3 seconds
and I just couldn't stop laughing
as I tried to explain to David Scott
on the other end of the phone,
who'd heard the whole thing.

I apologized, "I'm so sorry, Bee!
You scared the daylights outta me!
I hit you as though you were the devil himself!"

To which, she replied,
"He's a man and I'm your baby girl!"

David Scott is cracking up on the other end of the phone,
"Tell Bee, to call Child Protective Services."

I told her.
Then she says, "Hand me the pho--wait, I don't have their number."
David Scott:  "911"
Bee: "Oh yeah. 911. I'm callin' 911 on Mommy."

David Scott misses living at home.
Family.  Isn't it about  this kinda nonsense?!

p.s. Sue won the Give-o-Giveaway!
Thanks to everyone that joined in the fun! Keep a lookout
for the next one!

7 comments:

  1. HURRAY, I WON!!

    =D

    PS. You aren't gonna slap me for being so loud, are ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the accidental hurts. Not that I go given intentional ones. But the look of absolute bewilderment when you accidentally get them is just so sad (and funny, too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh life at home. So many fun and sweet memories. I think your kids will have the best stories to tell years from now when they get together. They will probably stay up all night laughing and crying (in a good way) over all the great times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for SUE!! I've been known to jump outta my skin whenever someone sneaks up on me, thus - it's the favorite thing to do around here. But they have figured out their likely to get slugged in the stomach - I don't know what it is a reflex or something ;)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me miss living at your home, too, and I've never even been there. Did you fix Bee an ice cream sundae to make amends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sue: email me so I can give you the code for CNS, okay?
    @Charlotte: That "look" is awful, isn't it?!
    @Lori: They'll laugh while driving me to the old folks' home. lol
    @Kristin: No wonder I like you!
    @Amy: Wish we lived next door to you and yours. And nope, no ice cream, but yes to cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL....I mean so sad she got smacked.

    You think I would have learned by now too but I still scare my youngest grown child knowing that I will have to run because she comes at me with an open hand. Sometimes I can outrun her and sometimes she finds her mark. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!