Monday, May 23, 2011

Human Disasters and What You Can Do

You know,
it gets to the point where any good news I might enjoy
is over-shadowed by the reality
of the calamities of the world around me
and the ensuing suffering of others,
so much so,
that it feels selfish to write about the world
and my own little corner of it.

It affects me.
Whether it's happening in my own backyard or not.
One cannot escape the media's presentations
from the far corners of the world
on the wars, famines, and "acts of God".

So much devastations leaves the question:
"What am I doing to help?"


Here are two ways--
American Red Cross
and
LDS Humanitarian Service

We can all do a little bit to make a difference.

4 comments:

  1. You know you are right. I sometimes feel guilty because I am not affected by some sunami or earthquake or tornado. But I also know that I am not immune either. Thanks for the reminder of ways we can helpl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we can, and it's important.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great prespective. It gets to be too much sometimes, but it's good to know there are places and people out there that know where and how to get the resources to those that need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of my favorite places - You know your donation gets right down to the place that it's needed. They make it pretty easy for us!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!