Sunday, May 22, 2011

On the Cusp of Summer

Despite snow/sleet/rain all this past week
and into this weekend,
AND
despite the proclamations of a few wingnuts
that the world was going to end,

the yahoos had a mighty-fine weekend.

The Caboose managed to have a late-night with a friend,
set-up a lemonade stand
and dog-sit some neighbors' dogs.

The Boofus also had a late-night,
spent alot of time wettin' a fishin' line
at the little pond,
participated in a neighborhood boys' airsoft battle,
and riding his bike every which way,
aside from helping his dad mow the yard,
dig a trench--
in which he proclaimed was
"great father-son bonding time".

Daisie babysat afterschool
and
had a date Friday,
got her hair cut into a chin-length bob
on Saturday,
and worked on Seminary make-up after church today.

Dani and Mr. Idaho arrived safely in Baytown, Texas
yesterday,
where they've been overwhelmed by the kindness,
in true Southern style.
As well as humidity.

Diana was called to be in her ward's Relief Society presidency
as a counsellor and is thrilled with the opportunity.

Mr W and I have been waiting to hear
if our offer on the new house was accepted.
It was.
I'm grateful.

I was also asked to teach Gospel Doctrine in two weeks.
I know, right?!
Ack!
Don't tell the teacher who asked me to do this,
but as soon as she turned away,
I whispered to Mr. W's ear,
"I hope I die before then."
true story.

We've gotten alot of much-needed rain lately,
which thrills me--selfishly so,
because the new house is empty
and I want the grass to get watered!
So everytime it rains,
we all smile our biggest smiles
and think of our new yard.

It's good to have things to look forward to...
School is out at the end of this week,
and all I can think of is
SUMMER!!!

What are you looking forward to this summer?

6 comments:

  1. So many things to look forward to this summer. Like you, we have our fingers crossed to move into a new house this summer. It will be so nice to not be breathing down each others' necks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish we had less rain right now. We'll get one nice day, and then 3-4 days of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! You got your house!!

    Not so fun about the Gospel Doctrine, though.

    =)

    PS. We've got a good summer ahead, too. We're halfway considering buying a new home ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, the weather is the Springs has been less then ideal, I know because we were there this past week and I was grateful to get home to a little sun before the next storm hit! I am so happy for your new house deal, must be 'meant to be' as most short sales can take months and months to get word back. Good fer ya!
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to break it to you, but no matter how much it rains, that lawn still looks brown. I just drove past it this morning. Brown. Brown. Brown. It might need the Jaws of Life. I'm one to talk... our front lawn looks like a nuclear fallout zone.

    Congratulations on your offer being accepted. And welcome to the neighborhood! You make Mormon household number 5 around here. What fun.

    Also? You will be a fabulous Gospel Doctrine teacher! I wish we weren't going to be out of town that weekend. Or maybe that's what you're hoping for... lots of people out of town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting your house - I bet that feels really good! I am happy for you!!

    We have started to get a few warm days which is nice, although it is raining again now. I love my job because I have the whole summer off - Only a few more days and I am really looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!