Friday, May 27, 2011

Smile, No Really.



I finished my 7th year in 5th grade last night.
Thank you.
Got one year left
with The Caboose
then I'm good.

Last night,
was Joseph's 5th grade Promotion Celebration.
I know.
We'll celebrate anything
if it gives us a reason
for cake and lemonade.
There were parents holding 
bouquets of roses n' such
for their elementary school grads.
We're lucky that we got there at all.
We were 30 minutes early by mistake.
We thought it started at 6pm.
Otherwise we'd have been standing in the back.
But due to our awesome planning skills,
we actually sat on the 4th row.
I didn't buy flowers, though
we did go out for pizza afterwards.
Hey. He is Number Six.

I coulda gotten him a t-shirt that reads:
I AM NUMBER SIX.
Dang, my inspiration is always 
a day late.

 Hey, Joseph,
let's get a picture, k?
Just sit for one second.
"I don't do flash photography."~Joseph

 C'mon, Smile.
"Are you done yet?"~Joseph


 Nope. Ya look like a chipmunk. 
Just smile.
Like you're "normal".
"Mommmmm...c'mon."~Joseph

 Nope.
Ya look like Stanley Laurel.
See?

One more time.
That's all.
One more.
Let's try again.
Now, just just just
SMILE.

Hey! Where ya going?


aw nevermind.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Awesome kid. Reminds me of my husband. he hates getting his picture taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so handsome. My 14-year old does the Laurel and Hardy smile all the time too. What is the deal with that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Joseph. He looks GREAT in his suit.

    =)

    PS. Love this song...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that too...my littlest one is #4. She had to learn a lot on her own! Love your son's photos. My son is just like that. I've been known to reach out from behind the camera and smack him. The surprise usually gets a natural smile out of him. Eventually. (Google is being a jerk. I had to post as Anonymous, but this is actually your fan, Moody).

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!