Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday Whatevs

We put an offer on a house.
It's a Short Sale house.
I'm already decorating it in my mind.
Supposed to close mid-June.

Dani and Mr. Idaho are leaving tomorrow for their big adventure
in the Lone Star State.
They are, in fact, taking the Ninja Baby with them.
We hate that.
They'll be gone until late August.
Mr. Idaho is doing an internship with Chevron-something-or-other
for his degree.
The next time we see them,
they'll have a new baby,
and we'll be in a new house.

The real estate presentation went really well last week.
My partner, Kelly and I had fun like we always do.
As part of our love for the community,
we've initiated a service to work with 
Short Sale and Pre-foreclosure homeowners/realtors
to stage their houses for Free.
The idea for that came after my own house-hunting experience
and I'm excited to help those that need it.
The truth is, 
empty homes affect the morale of neighborhoods,
local economy,
and the families that live inside of those homes
who can't afford to have their home professionally staged
so that they can join the competition.
So that's where we come in.
The realtors were interested in this,
so we'll see what happens!

The Winner of the Women of Hope cd
is
Number 5 commenter:
Mitchell4.
Please contact me so I can forward your address
to Deseret Book and they'll get that out to you!
Congratulations!

Happy Hump Day!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with your house. I hope it works out easily for you. And I love your idea to help stage homes for those who can't afford it. An empty house does hurt morale. We have one down the street from us that is pretty much been abandoned. It is so sad to see all the weeds and neglect.

    Good luck to Dani and her husband on their new adventure as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a super fast Short Sale!

    I have a good friend in Vegas who kept getting outbid by builders coming in with cash. She finally put an offer in on a short sale, and found out 4 months later the owner didn't even qualify for a short sale. It was really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you get the house for sure? If you do, you'll be my around-the-corner neighbor! I live at the end of that street.

    You're right—empty houses do bring down neighborhoods. I cringe when I drive past the empty house on our block... its front yard full of dead grass and weeds, and its front windows with newspaper in them. No WONDER noone wants to buy it! Good thing you're moving in... you'll bring up the value of our neighborhood again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a kind thing to do...helping people stage their homes for free when they're in financial trouble.

    Love that idea.

    =)

    PS. And congrats on the new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the short sale. We rented for a little over three years after living in our own houses for 6. It was not fun. It is wonderful to be in OUR house again and I wish you luck in getting into YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We put an offer on a short sale home, but we had a contingency because we had to sell ours first. So. Slow. We lost it because someone swooped in and had no contingency. Sad.

    I am sorry your baby is leaving for a bit and taking her baby with her. I have lived 2000 miles from my mom since I have been 20, and some days it really stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the house - I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh JOY!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I'm totally stoked!. Thanks!
    I seriously hope everything goes smoothly with the short sale. I wish that it meant exactly what it's called. (short)
    I luvs your blog. It makes my heart full. Thanks for a fantastic giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cool offer and 'business oppertunity'. YOU rock and congrats on the house! hopefully it will all be smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kazzy: This is a pre-approved Short Sale. So word on the street is that it's supposed to be alot quicker. We have no contingency. Hoping for a mid-June closing. Fingers and toes crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooohhhh, good luck on the house!
    I am excited for you.

    Sorry about losing the ninja baby, but you're gettin' another. That should be ok shouldn't it.

    You are going to be very busy!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exciting about your new house and business opportunities!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!