Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Because Time is too Short to Waste

We interrupt my summer frivolity to vent the following:

It's 7:30am.
I actually watched the sunrise this morning
and that was nice n' all,
but I'd have rather been sleeping.

My thoughts are
bouncing off my brain cells
like they're pinballs in a flashy arcade.

Work.
I like working.
I like colors and design,
I like working on a team.
As a Momza to 7 yahoos,
I am definitely a team player.
I like the gals I work with--
alot.
We get along great
which makes our work pleasant.

What's not connecting for me
is our lack of leadership.
We have a super manager--
she's able and kind and if it weren't for her,
I'd have quit months ago.

Problem solving is something I'm kinda good at...
I look every which way at a situation
and work on it until the kinks are worked out.
I expect success.

However, our designer isn't interested in team work.
And that bugs me.
There is no communication on her end--
what she's working on,
who she's working with,
etc.
It's all top secret.
For no dang reason.

It seems she is a one-man operation--
I can't figure her out.
And believe me,
after working with her since last fall,
I've tried.
We support her efforts to the nth-degree
and get nothing back.
That bothers me.
There's alot of work that goes into realizing her designs--
paperwork,
phone calls,
physical labor,
customer/client relations
but she doesn't seem to notice.

She calls us "girls"--
I'm a Granma, FCOL.
lol
And while that didn't used to bug me,
this week,
it really does.

We found out yesterday,
by sheer accident,
that our designer is remodelling the
house that is in
"Home Al*ne" outside of Chicago.
Yesterday.
After her trip.
Why didn't she tell us?
That's kinda cool, ya know?
Why wouldn't she tell her team about her projects?
She just doesn't. Ever.

Which is very weird to me.
I think it's time to move on.
Because I believe, that whatever you're giving your time and energy to,
if you have a choice,
should be something that ignites your heart,
gives you opportunities to learn and grow and serve others...
and when it's not a good fit,
it's time to try something new.
Time is too short to waste, ya know?

We now return to our regularly scheduled ridiculousness. Carry On.

2 comments:

  1. That's frustrating. I think all jobs have ups and downs, it's deciding what you're willing to tolerate and live with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Momza ! You wouldn't wear a pair of shoes that were too tight and gave you blisters, you wouldn't stick your hand into a rattlesnake nest and you wouldn't eat rotten food, so whey stay in a work situation that doesn't make you happy...Go for it girl

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!