Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stumped


I've been in the new house for 17 days.
Just over two weeks now.
My dresser drawers are mostly full but not all.
My nightstand is empty, 'cept for
some chocolate-covered pomegranate balls
that I got from Costco last weekend.
(which are so good!)
The kitchen is done,
has been done from Day One
because I hate packing and un-packing the kitchen,
so I did an extra-good job of that room--
but I got lazy when it came to my room.
I didn't label the boxes.
Stupid, I know.
What was I thinking??
Ack!

The new house has one linen closet.
I've never only had one linen closet.
We had four in the last house,
which means I own enough linens to fill
you know, four linen closets.

I already have a box of linens TO BE DONATED.
It's full.

There is also no closet in the office/loft.
So there are boxes of crafts sitting around me
with no place to go.

And there's no medicine cabinet in the Master bath.
Seriously--
huge mirror over the sinks,
no medicine cabinet.

We do have two coat closets on the main floor.
Back to Back.
Evidently, the good folks at Richmond homes
knew we own alot of coats here in Colorado
so they made closets for those.
But not so much on linens.
Or medicine.

I'm not creative when it comes to putting stuff away--
I need a closet or a cabinet to fill.
Otherwise, I'm stumped.

IKEA opens July 27th.
I am SO there.

What's funnier than not remembering what boxes have my stuff in them?
When Mr W and the yahoos ask me
if I remember where their stuff is too!
Is that not like asking the blind to lead the blind?

Our garage is like a sea of boxes.
A sea of boxes with nowhere to go.
I need a professional organizer.
Or less stuff.

I like less stuff.

I love my new house.
Oh how I do!
Just need a little help here
to find all my shoes.

5 comments:

  1. You will want to move in to Ikea. I think I've been there about 4507 times in the past 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always dislike those first few weeks in a house until you have found a place for everything. Can't stand when things aren't put away!

    It'll happen, though. And Ikea is a great place to start...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't it great to start all over again!!!! I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck!! Fourteen years later, I still have some boxes I haven't unpacked. My husband thinks we should throw them away, but I am sure they are filled with heirloom quality stuff and should be saved for our children to unpack one day.

    Hope you find your shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! Enjoy the new home! And if you leave that stuff in the boxes long enough - pretty soon you won't even care any more - just pile them in the garage for two years and throw them out after that :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!