Monday, September 26, 2011

Fog in my Brain

Fog.
Lots of it today.
In my brain, I mean.
When the fog rolls in,
my brain gets dull...no spark, no ping, nada.

I called Mr W at work this morning
and asked him if I have plans today.
He says I don't and I should stay home and sit still.

I'm trying to push the fog away
by reading and looking for other's sparks and pings.
But there's none for me.
Not today.
Happy for spellcheck.

I think I'm just tired.
But I feel anxious.
If I'm supposed to be doing something today with someone,
I can't remember it.

9 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. This whole buying a second house thing has been SUPER stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like your body is telling you to have a "Momza" day and that is a good thing.
    It must be frightening too so I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day for a spicy candle, some cozy music, and a good book!

    Rest is rejuvenating, and I'll bet you don't get a whole lot of it.

    Hugs to you...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all need days like that.
    Let the "ping" be silent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, it sounds like you need some 'down' time. For rest, and rejuvenating yourself! that sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing exactly the right thing with your day just by living it. You don't have to remember anything. God remembers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Sue. Just your body telling you you've been doing too much--grandma, doula, mover, designer, chauffeur, chef.
    Find a good book and read.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @everyone: thanks for the encouragement...I've been a bum all day and starting to come around tonight! I also got a blessing from Mr. W.
    @sarah: I'm going to write your words and put them where I can see them every day. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think as women, we are entitled to be bums every once in a while. We have a heckuva lot to deal with!

    You're amazing and I look up to you, so I think you should follow my advice and chill for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!