Monday, September 12, 2011

Homecoming 2011

Daisie went to her first Homecoming Dance
with her first official "date" this weekend.

 As you can see, these were very shy, reserved teenagers.

Daisie invited friends over for a potluck dinner.
She made sushi, while others brought side dishes and desserts and drinks.
 Yeah, it's not pretty, but there were no complaints about the flavor.


 The hostess with the mostest.



 Her first real date. He was an absolute gentleman--pulled out her chair, opened the car door, and was attentive in all the ways young women appreciate.  His momma raised him right!




Pictures before heading out to the dance...


It was a fun evening and so nice to have her friends in our home.

12 comments:

  1. Darling girl...I remember our daughter's 1st formal dance. Times goes by so fast !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! Love her pink and black dress. First date to a Homecoming- woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh; they look so young! Which just lets me know how old my kids and their friends are getting...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her dress. I think it's the prettiest one. Hooray for first dates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeheehee - such fun photos :D I'm amazed at the sushi, obviously a young lady of MANY talents! Another milestone come and gone . . .

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the kind comments. Daisie loves reading them. She felt pretty that night and surely loved her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun times for Daisie. Tell her to enjoy her high school years to the fullest. That dress she is wearing is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's beautiful! Gorgeous dress.
    Is this the same little girl that had the "Hate Mom Day?"
    Not possible. I still love her for that!

    Looks like your home is all settled in and decorated gorgeously!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun night!! And I agree with everyone else, her dress is darling!! I am glad she had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tauna: No this isn't the "I HATE MOM"-day daughter. This is the one we had to hide her stuff last year. lol

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!