Monday, October 24, 2011

Dear Paula Deen,

You are precious.
From one Southern gal to another,
you know what I mean when I say
"precious", don't you?
Of course.

And I mean it,
you are.

I am the proud recipient of two of your classic cookbooks

This book speaks to my sausage n' grits-lovin' soul, Paula.
I would like to make one recipe a day for the rest of my life
cuz I think doing so would make each day just a little sweeter.
Why just last night I made one of your legendary ooey gooey butter cakes--
but I added the pumpkin n' spices to it
and used a chocolate cake mix for the base instead of a yellow one.
I'd show you a picture of it in all of it's delicious buttery goodness
but all that's left is crumbs.

And can I just say that your life story is warm and inspiring--
just like your cookin'.
Your example of determination and southern gumption is worth a Sunday sermon
all on it's own, sister.
They say the best revenge is living well
and Ms. Deen,
you're shinin' in the sun
like a junebug on a corn pone.

My husband and I were talking about the upcoming holidays--
and he said,
"I can't wait for Thanksgiving and all the food!"
He likes the spread we put out--
and this year,
you're going to make a showing at our feast!
I'm combing thru your cook books for my very favorite
down home recipe to become part of our holiday traditions--
cuz whatever you're cookin' has got to warm our hearts as well as our tummies.

We have a saying over our front door:
"The Best Place To Be is Together"
and wherever there's good southern food
you know everyone's happy.

Say, if you're ever in Colorado Springs,
I'd love to have you visit me in my kitchen
where we can visit like two southern neighbors
n' swap stories about all the good things in our lives
over some really great food.

Best Dishes!

~Momza


To get your own copy of Paula Deen's Savannah Country Cookbook,
go here.

8 comments:

  1. I was at RC Willey this weekend, and apparently, Miss Paula has a furniture collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I hope she sees this! What an awesome tribute to a talented lady.

    I like her recipes because she's just making down-to-earth deliciousness, not trying to be "fat free," "vegan," "green," or "all natural." Seriously, sometimes we just need something that tastes amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Amy. I have a feeling she would be very pleased to read this.

    Haven't ever check out her cookbooks, but I will!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha Ha "like a Junebug on a Corn pone". That line made me laugh.
    Believe it or not I have Paula Deen and her son on the t.v. right now as I type this comment.
    As you know I love her too! So this whole post just made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I am glad you are getting some mileage out of the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake - I like that you made it with a chocolate cake instead - Great twist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having met her a time or 2, I can say, she isn't any different in person--just the warmest, funniest lady.
    I think her mac and cheese is probably my favorite recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have cable so I've never seen her, but I sure hear wonderful things about her.
    I've been accused of cooking like her, something about the 3 cases of butter I have in the freezer. I refuse to run out of that stuff.

    I bet your Thanksgiving will be fabulous. I wanna see pictures of the whole spread. AND I wanna see pictures of the contented grin on your hubby's face as he's placed himself in front of the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post for October 25th won't allow comments again. What's up with Blogger anyway??

    "/

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!