Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oh My Sons! 2.0


You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. 
And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, 
even if it's just in your own eyes.
-- Author Unknown



A boy's story is the best that is ever told.
                                                             -- Charles Dickens






Between the innocence of babyhood and the dignity of manhood, 
we find a delightful creature 
of a boy.




Do not train boys to learning by force and harshness, 
but lead them by what amuses them,
so that they may better discover the bent of their minds.
                                                                    -- Plato




Sons are the anchors of a mother's life.
                                                  -- Sophocles


My grandson, Garrett and my son Joseph
enjoying a fort of blankets in the diningroom.
Girls may be made of sugar and spice
but boys are full of mischievous delight!


What are your little boys made of?


**Thanks to Sue for letting me know comments weren't working again.  
I have no idea what's going on with blogger.

7 comments:

  1. Well, they're not so little any more, but they are made of fun, fun, fun. They never fail to keep me laughing. Even better, they are good, good men.

    They make me proud.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this earlier today and tried to comment and couldn't. Glad Sue let you know.
    My boys are made up of sparkly eyes, lightsaber fights and snuggles before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree - Boys are mischievious, delightful - funny, hungry, and everything in between.
    I have 3 boys and they bring total and complete joy to my world!

    Your boys are pretty cute in their blanket fort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some cute boys!
    I think they are both having fun in the fort.
    Nothing like a few blankets to get the imagination going.
    What a great uncle to play with the little one like that.

    I've had a few problems commenting on your blog, but I started using Safari as my search engine and all the trouble melted away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh So Sweet. And what cute boys they are both are!! I only have one son, whom I adore, but so far I have two grandsons!! How blessed am I?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great series. But once again, the newest post won't take comments. So strange!

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heeheehee - makes me want to get out the blankets and start a building around here :) We had so much fun in those indoor construction contraptions :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!