Saturday, October 8, 2011

October at Rocky Mountain National Park

Push the sandals and t-shirts
into the back of the closet
and bring forward
boots and sweaters
n' scarves
fleece and wool~

 It's Fall in The Rocky Mountains.
Friday, we took a trip up North:






 Arriving at the Alluvial Fan Falls...which were created in 1982 when a natural dam burst and flooded Horseshoe valley and all the way into Estes Park, leaving behind this beauty in its' place.


 With warmer temps than usual this year, Fall is just arriving at RMNP.


 Is there a bluer blue?



 This boy's been coming here since he was "en utero", and then on his father's back.



 Pines always prick my soul with delight.


Wading in the freezing waters with a little help.


Singing a song for her own ears...


 ~Rocks already caked in ice shimmer in the sunlight~

 What can I say to make you feel how beautiful it all is?


 Someone's token of appreciation left behind...


I could live forever right here.


She is happiest outside in the Rockies...
"Smile, Ari."
"C'mon."
"Aww. Nevermind, you nutball." 



 ...messin' with someone else's tribute.



What is about Aspens that fascinate me so?



 IF you can spot the red shirt at the top, 
that's Mr. W and the two youngest with him...
they climbed up until they were outta sight.



 See the speck of pink and yellow?  That's Daisie! A solo climber she has always been. In life too,
she trusts her own abilities. I think she learned that climbing mountains.

A green fern on the way to Alberta Falls...snow had visited earlier in the week bidding the other ferns to rest for the winter.  Sometimes I am like the little green fern--I'm kinda clueless about what's going on around me.

I have a thing for Fall--whether it's in the Appalachians of North Carolina, the midwest hills of Missouri,
Idaho--doesn't matter where, as long as there's gold & red leaves, gorgeous sunsets, cinnamon n' pumpkin spices, sweaters n' blankets, candlelight and crisp air and family to share it with--I'm diliriously happy.

6 comments:

  1. Love the colors of Autumn - hoping mother nature eases up into winter gradually :) I'm already with the boots and sweaters, it's nice to pull them from the back of the closet and relegate the flip flops to be put away for a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Gorgeous pictures! STUNNING!
    You almost make me want to be happy about the coming of colder weather.
    Almost.
    I'm sitting by the woodburning stove tonight because I think it's too cold.

    Makes me wanna go to Colorado to see such sights.
    Idaho is a bit gorgeous right now, which I would appreciate if I could wipe the scowl off my attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful visit with you, as always.

    its been a while, way too long. hey great pix.

    now, i don't know what you'll think of this:
    went to see THE BOOK OF MORMON on B'Way earlier in the month.

    i totally expected "just" a comedy. what a pleasant surprise, while there were laughs to be had, there was also a message.

    i'm not religious, far from it, but i gotta tell ya, i had tears. i believe i had a religious experience (??) - maybe. anyway, just wanted to share this with ya, Momza.

    glad i stopped by, thanks for posting.

    :-)

    ..
    .ero
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. @.ero: I don't know how I didn't see this comment years ago, but thanks for coming by--I have heard good things about the BoM play too...I'm sure if I lived closer, I'd want to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!