Monday, December 26, 2011

Family Motto for 2012

SO, I'm layin' in bed next to Mr. Wonderful,
whose watchin' football on the tube,
and I say,
"Hey. I have an idea. Open your ears and listen, k?"

(I had to say that, cause his eyes were focused on the New Orleans' Saints
kickin' some other teams' bahooey
and I really really wanted to share my BIG IDEA
before it escaped into the revolving door of my memory.)

"So, I was thinkin' about having a family motto this next year, right?"

"Uh-hunh."

"I was thinkin' we should call it, "BRING 'EM IN"--you know, invite more people into our home--
get to know more people so we can ya know, serve'em n' such. Whaddya think?"

Without taking his eyes off the TV, Mr. W says:

"I have a better idea. How 'bout 'DON'T SUCK' " ?

"Really? "Don't Suck"?  How does this look in practice? What's the inspiration?

"Don't Suck--Do your part, be a good example, serve others-- do what other people who don't suck do."


Nice.
Anyone know where I can get a plaque made?
Hold On while I call Hallmark.


5 comments:

  1. LOL - I can see it now in vinyl hangin' on the wall "Don't Suck!!!". It definately would be a great conversation piece! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. That's funny.
    I like "don't suck".
    I think you are going to have to come up with more creative ways to pull his eyes from a football game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momza~..
    chuckling as I type..
    I'm in agreement with Cherie above..
    or..I'd be utterly speechless!!
    warmest hugs..
    Loui♥..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this reminds me that daddy had a talk with the family right before we opened gifts and after we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus...

    He gave them the spill about "No Empty Chairs"

    I wonder what we could do to stress that this year without pushing them further away. They are all grown and out on their own but still...they need their parents.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!