Thursday, January 12, 2012

Always a Day Late...

So Joseph went into Boy Scouts from Cub Scouts
just about the time I finally got all of his badges bought and sewn onto his
official Boy Scout shirt and finally got his webelos hat and neckerchief.

I know.

Well, I was trying to be mindful about staying on top of things
when he became an official Boy Scout.
I went right out and got the needed insignia and accessories.
Instead of sewing them on his new khaki shirt,
I thought I'd be smart and use stitch-witchery to iron the
badges on.

Did you know that stitch-witchery doesn't work on synthetic fabrics?
I didn't know that either.
So I ironed about 8 badges on and sent the boy out to his scout meeting.

The next time I saw him,
his shirt was missing every stinkin' badge but one.
That was in November.

I know.

But, in my defense, much of November is a complete blur
because of the car accident
remember?
I just kept forgetting is all.

Until today.
Today I remembered--
and tonight is Scouts!
N' they sell this double-sided tape stuff at the Scout Store
so I rushed right home and got those new badges on the shirt again.
I even ironed the shirt to make it look all spiffy.
MY Scout was gonna look Awesome tonight, oh yeah!
{sigh}
Then, I re-read a recent email from his deacon's quorum president:
"Anyways, yes we are doing the Duty to God project, Physical Health. How will we do the pull ups? Its the Physical Health part on page 31 in the Duty to God book. For this activity you dont need to wear your scout shirts. It gets a little uncomfortable."
I know, right?
But, guess what chicken butt?
He'll be ready next week!

5 comments:

  1. I remember those days....and there was NO magical stickyontheshirtsoyoudon'thavetosewthedangthingsonanduseswearwordsandstuff

    You are already ready for next week! Wow, I'm impressed.

    I think there should be a special place in heaven for moms of scouts. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really should make those badges iron-on and the shirts iron-on-able. all that sewing! Not that it's hard, just tedious.

    You're cute. You remind me of Sadie Hoffmiller from Josie Kilpack's culinary mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to look on the bright side.

    Some really smart mom must have invented that tape to adhere those badges with. She needs an award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started out sewing them on and ended up using a glue gun!

    What can I say?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm with Sue . . . my badges were always hot glued on also :) I tried ducttape first . . .

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!