Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My New Favorite Recipe: 505 Chicken

Easy. I love a good easy recipe for Sunday Dinner.
If I can throw it all in the crockpot,
that's even better.

Sunday before last, I looked in my kitchen
for something to do just that
and this is what I came up with:

505 Chicken
Into the crockpot:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed (I had 6)
1/2 onion
1 jar of 505 Green Salsa (medium hot)
1 can black beans

It cooked for three and a half hours on HIGH.
Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
Serve over cooked rice.  Warmed Flour tortillas on the side.

Delicioso!!

I made it again, this time added green peppers and corn to it,
because Dani wanted me to and it was just as good!
*P.S. I added fresh cilantro and lime zest to the rice while it was cooking in the rice cooker to give it a bit of flavor.

9 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds perfect! I am always looking for good crockpot recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!! I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. real glad i decided to pop in, Momza,
    as always, a pleasure.

    :-)

    ..
    .ero
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me. I love anything with a Mexican flair!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you get that salsa? It looks yummy. I live in a small town, and we have a pitiful selection of food. Mostly Pace and Picante and store brand salsa. I'm always looking for good salsas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you get 505 in your zip code only? I've never seen that before.
    Is is a hot/spicy dish?
    Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tauna: I got mine at King Soopers, which is part of the Krogers/Fred Meyers group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to ask the same question as Garden of Egan, but you answered it! Thx! BTW, why is the store called King Soopers? I went to one the last time we were in Denver, and I was kind scratching my head at that one.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!