Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We are our own Mafia

That's what Diana said to me the other day.
"We are own mafia."

It's kinda true.
We are tight, yo
like unto a dish.

Mess with one,
mess with all.

We don't take kindly to outsiders
messin' with one of us.
If anyone gets to mess with us
it's Us.

If someone's unkind to one of us,
we have as close to a mob-mentality as one could get
in that
that someone is Un-lik-Ed by all of us.

I know it's weird.
Un-Christlike.
Un-civil even.

But seeing as how
we are all we got--
well,
we're possesive.

If however,
you are kind to one of us
you will find that our allegiance to you and your name
is written in concrete
carved in stone
forever and ever
amen.

Where this mob mentality came from,
is a mystery.
We're not even Italian.

4 comments:

  1. You're so dang cute! "We're not even Italian." ha ha ha!

    My family is kind of the same way. Protective of each other. When my sister had some legal troubles with a business trying to steal her established business name, I seriously wanted to fight them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all good. You've got each other's backs, right? I like that!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called Loyalty and boy has your family "got it".
    It took me almost 50 years to realize that families that are loyal to one another are the ones that keep it together in the long run. (Now put those numb-chucks and switch blades away, teehee!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remind me to stay on your good side.

    I'm on your good side, right?

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!