Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What's In a Name?

My 10 year old Primary Class,
when asked
"What does your Last Name mean to you?"


G. Anderson:
"Andersons are, like, well, they're Air Force, and we all like Scooby Doo and gum. Yeah."

B. Bowen:
"My mom made up this. Our last name is Bowen, so we have this motto thing--'Bowen Appetit! Appetite for Life!'.
Me: So what does that 'appetite for life' look like?  Are you involved in sports or fun things?"
B. Bowen, shrugged shoulders: "Uhhhh.Yeahhh. Sure. I don't really know."

Arianna Anderson (my child):
"Andersons are Norwegians.  And kinda hot heads. Oh! and Andersons can't find things."*

N. Roberts:
"I don't really know about 'Roberts'--but I was named after an ancestor.

* It is absolutely true that they can't find things. If I am ever LOST, my husband and youngest two children are NOT allowed to look for me on their own--I will die alone in the wilderness if I must wait for them to find me. If I am lost, my kids know they must call my friend, Nannette, and she will head up a Search and Rescue Party to look for me.  That's my only hope.

7 comments:

  1. That is really cute. What a great question to ask the kids.
    And kids never fail to give some really great info out - Ha ha.

    I like the Bowen-Appetit - Ha Ha Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I am also Norwegian and my Norwegian side and myself cannot find anything either - Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha! Kids are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good one, Momza . . .ya always help me smile, thank you. :-)

    ..
    .ero
    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't find a thing?
    Funny. That child, what do to with her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Anderson name is half Norwegian and half Danish. And our family motto is "stand sure."

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha! Love that. And i can relate to not being able to find things. I never know where my purse/shoes/keys are. Oh, and one day my friend and I went walking on the some walk we had walked every day for a year and WE GOT LOST!! Seriously!! Somehow during our discussion we took a wrong turn. We swore we would never tell anyone. Well, until now, I guess. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!