Friday, August 3, 2012

Two More Days!



I have one thing on my mind today
and that's that we only have two more days
with Diana at home
before she leaves for her mission.

She has been working up until yesterday,
but she promised each of the younger yahoos
that she'd take each of them on a "date"
with her,
alone
before she left.

Last night
was the Boofus' date.
She let him choose the restaurant--
Qdobas,
and he even showered--
which as you may or may not,
has gone against his
"Saturday-night-showers-only-in-the-summer"
standards.
And, as he lifted his armpit for me to smell,
he wore his lady-killin-AXE body spray.

And off they went.

This morning,
it's The Caboose's turn.
She chose to go to breakfast
for her sister-date.

Then, she has one last date with Daisie--
I haven't heard the details yet
but those two both love sushi,
so I'd bet that's in the plan.

I walked into Diana's room late afternoon,
to find her sprawled across her bed--
clothing and suitcases everywhere,
drawers open wide,
laundry everywhere--
and there she was
doing
nothing.

She's feeling the crunch, I think.
Trying to squeeze in the last bits of
"civilian life"
before we leave on Sunday for the MTC
in Provo.
She'll be set-apart early Sunday morning,
and I get to be her "companion"
until Wednesday morning's drop-off.





2 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time! I will keep her in my prayers. And you, too.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!