Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

I know it's going to be a great Christmas Eve when Santa shows up:
 Dean loves Santa. He especially loves being Santa's helper and looks forward to wearing his Santa suit every year.
 Our Grandma Barb hand-carves her own Santa ornaments and has given a few to us over the years.

 Joseph and his favorite brother, David Scott.
 On Christmas Eve, after dinner, we open the name-exchange gifts--it's always interesting to see
what the kids give to each other.

 This year, M. Wonderful drew my name...that hasn't happened before,
and I had no idea what he'd been up to; but my first clue that it was gonna be a neat gift
was the bag from The Shane Company in Denver!

 Before I opened it, I asked Dara to recite the radio commercial for The Shane Company--
it's been playing for years and she knows it by heart.  I still wasn't prepared for the surprise though!


 Pearl earrings! I love Pearls...it's in my Southern blood to love them!
 But wait, there was one more!
 Told ya, pearls just do it for me!

A beautiful pearl necklace! 
 Dani's gift from Dara--an ipod nano!Dani has wanted an "i"-something forever and she was delighted!

 I had Dean's name and he's been wanting a camera, SOOOO...well, yeah, that was easy.

We had a potty emergency in the middle of gift-opening.


David Scott bought Joseph a machete.
I was a little concerned about that, 
but safety rules were given and I've calmed down since.


 Danielle made us a fun family gift from her boys to Joseph and Dara and Dad (& me)---hot cocoa mix + marshmallows + a new LOGO game + personalized mugs for all of us. Way cute!

 Danielle actually got Tisha's name and gave her this awesome cookbook by The Smitten Kitchen!

 Joseph got David Scott's name and gave him a clay-pigeon launcher! I had no idea those kinds of things even existed...
 I couldn't find the rest of the pics but Bradley received a new knife set from David Scott.

The end of the evening, 
Santa Dean was tired and ready to go home.
So while I took him home,
the other kids broke out the new game and cocoa:



And that was Christmas Eve 2012.  Oh! and we got a call from our missionary Diana, telling us what time to expect her call/Skype the next day!  I wasn't home when she called, so I was sorta bummed, but she got to speak quickly to Dani and David Scott and Joseph.


***Many thanks to Tisha for being the family photographer with her new i-phone this holiday!***

3 comments:

  1. I love the look on your face when you opened the pearls! I love pearls too. So classy and elegant and they go with everything!

    What a fun Christmas Eve. Being surrounded by family is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well those pearls are just perfect.
    I love your look!
    Priceless.

    I love all the family pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very merry Christmas for ALL of you!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!