Monday, March 25, 2013

I Prayed, He Answered

Three Sundays ago,
I knelt beside my bed
and prayed.

In my prayer,
I told Heavenly Father that I was ready to go back to work.
But it needed to be a job
where I could do something I am already familiar with,
because, with the memory loss I experience,
I don't have the confidence that I could go in cold turkey
and learn something new.

I didn't know what that would look like
or where that might be.

The decorating store I used to work at,
has changed how it is run,
is only open to the public by appointment
most days.

I offered my prayer and put my hope out there.

Wednesday,
Amber called from
"Shades of Amber":

"Hey, are you interested in a job?"

Yes. Yes, I am.

I'm thrilled to get to learn how to use "Annie Sloan Chalk Paint",
and to work with Amber and Brad, the owners.
They've expanded their business to include home accessories,
bedding and Dash and Albert Rugs.
I can do this!
Plus, it's 10 minutes from the house.
I started last week.

Prayers are answered.

4 comments:

  1. Perfect! The Lord hears and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fantastic, I'm thrilled for you. I have been consistently amazed as I've seen the hand of God in my life as He's heard and answered my family's prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is fabulous. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they are. Sooner or later.
    I'm glad yours was sooner.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!