Monday, March 25, 2013

Tryin' a lil' Rustic Luxe

So, at Shades of Amber
I went in today to stage the showroom.

Their niche in home decor is "rustic luxe"--
 a style that is new to me.

I worked on a couple of rooms today;
the front entrance room
and the Dash and Albert rug room.

Here's the Befores and Afters:

Lots going on here, as you can surely see:
They have a ton of goodies--
but it was a little overwhelming.
So I just pulled things out, cleared things off, rearranged some stuff,
replaced others.
n' the vintage jewelry holder and chalk board signs, to name a few things.

AFTERS:




I basically tried to thin it out and stage it as a real living room.
What do you think?

Oh and here's the mantel...that is being taken down as soon as another furniture peice is finished being painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint:
I'm not crazy about this, but again, tried to thin it out.
(and it's blurry too, sorry ' bout that)

And the Rug Room:


It's still a WIP but we've got some ideas that we're workin' on...

Anyway,
I have enjoyed this alot and am looking forward to our next project:
a dining room!

7 comments:

  1. You have magic powers I swear. Everything you touch turns to perfection. Maybe I need to pray for a Shades of Amber store to open locally and apply for a job? Are they thinking of expanding???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't even know where to start.
    Overwhelming.
    I don't do well with that much visual stimulation.
    I do love the look of vintage, I just can't pull it off.

    I would be able to wander in there for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job. The changes you made were a real improvement! I'm impressed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, friends. My yahoos are less impressed--lol. "You just go clean all day? Don't you get bored?"--Ari.
    Funny how kids see things so black and white.
    "Yeah. I go and make things pretty." I told her.
    "Oh. yeah.", she says. "I'd be bored."
    She says that, and yet, she enjoys giving her own bedroom makeovers. Already talking about changes she wants to make.
    "Do what you love and it won't seem like work."-Someone famous said that once...it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Night and day. SUCH an improvement!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Connie: Shade of Amber is in the midst of plans to expand here in CO.
    If they head your way, I'll let them know who they need on their team! YOU!
    @Tauna: Clutter messes me up too. Which is why in my own decorating, I like to keep it simple. I'm a minimalist at heart. The Rustic Luxe style is pretty simple and easily accomplished. Try going onto Pinterest to see more ideas.
    @Sue: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sarah:Your cottage by the sea is what everyone wishes they had...just perfect! So thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!