Thursday, August 14, 2008

You need an Education and a Job!



Mr. Johnson & Joseph Mrs. Koch (pron. "Cook") & Ari
Look at those beautiful Rockies!

So today was the first day of school for Joseph and Arianna. They will be attending Antelope Trails Elementary--an IB school, with the reputation for being the "best school in Colorado". Hmm. How they ended up there is a total blur to me as they were SUPPOSED to go to The da Vinci Academy ( an "Arts and Ideas" school read Artsy fartsy) . But the registrar at the District office didn't put Joseph into the system when I registered them both on the same day, and when we went to Orientation last night, we discovered he had no seat there! Major frustration for Me! So back to the district office we went, and after another hour of discussions, we had to Choice into Antelope Trails....but they could only promise space for Joseph not Arianna (she still had her seat/teacher in the da Vinci Academy!)...anyway, when we arrived at Antelope Trails, we met Joseph's awesome teacher, Mr. Johnson, who looks like he stepped out of GQ. Then we met the wonderful Principal, and after knowing the man all of 30 seconds, he made an allowance for Arianna to enroll in his school too! AHHH! Relief! Can I just say I was so relieved I could've cried right then and there--BUT DIDN'T! (I waited until I got home.)

After all we've been thru, the idea that my youngest two would not be going to the same school together, really made me sad! I don't want them having separate lives this early in their lives!

They still need each other and I like it that way.

SO, in the end, they are going to a fabulous school and both had a great First day!

Being a mother is alot of hard work. I need a raise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!