Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Elder Joseph Wirthlin

As many LDS members know, one of our beloved Apostles passed away last night at the age of 91.

I loved his positive outlook and sweet disposition, down-to-earth counsel, and love of the Saviour.

I have a bit of his counsel on my fridge...

"The Church is not a place where perfect people gather to say perfect things, or have perfect thought, or have perfect feelings. The Church is a place where imperfect people gather to provide encouragement, support and service to each other...We are here with the same purpose: to learn to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves."

I will miss him. There is one less great man on the earth today, and I bet it won't even be on the nightly news....oh no, we need to know what Angelina Jolie wore today. {Sigh}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!