Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Games We Play


We love to play games here in Momza's house. We play the classics like Monopoly, Clue, and Twister...and try not to cheat --much.
We also have new favorites like Apples to Apples and Curses!--which is right now THE GAME to play in the house with a bunch of teenagers! If you haven't played it yet, go onto Amazon.com and buy it--call half a dozen fun friends over and PLAY!!! You will have a blast!
(or your money back)
We also play games I am sure noone else in the sane world plays. We play Tag and Hide-n-go Seek at Grocery stores and in the Mall. I'm not kidding. We all go into Albertsons, Fry's, King Soopers, Walmart --wherever--and last night it was Kohl's--and we play hide-n-go- seek. Sometimes, You don't know if you're IT until you notice YOU are the one standing alone! Last night Dani, Nana and the Caboose and I went to Kohl's to look at some wedding shoes for Dani. When that was thru, a wild hair took hold of us and before we knew it, we were all scattering about, hiding from the Caboose! She LOVES this game...we can hear her coming because she is giggling so loudly.
So we weave in and out of the clothing racks, trying to keep a step ahead of her and laughing quietly so as to not disturb other shoppers....hey, we have never been asked to leave a store before, so that tells you we are good at this game and preserving some public tact.
Anyway, as we were leaving the store for the parking lot, the Caboose says, "Will you hide from me at home?"
A favorite Family Home Evening game is the "Fruit Toss" game where everyone is given a fruit "name" from 3 choices: Bananas, Apples, and Oranges. One person (It) stands in the middle of the room, the others are seated around them. (Our family room is where we play) The person who is IT calls out a fruit name, for example "BANANA!" whereupon all "Bananas" jump up and trade seats before the IT person can find an empty seat. The person left standing is IT. And on and on it goes. '
What kind of fun family games does your family play??





3 comments:

  1. Remind me not to shop with you guys. I might think I stink or something if you suddenly disappeared and I forgot you were playing tag.

    I have got to find that game...of curses. Sounds potty mouthish though...but probably not if you are playing.

    We like mad gab and mormon mouthful and dominos and mormon rummy,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great. I love your family photo. I thought my family was weird. One day in Home Depot, we dressed up with orange funnels for hats and vacuum hoses for weapons and snuck around the aisles, looking for monsters to shoot. My husband acted like we were strangers and my step-daughter and I had a blast. I'm sure the people watching the security videos got a good laugh. After that, we went to Winco and had a fight in very loud German about which cookies were the best. Of course, half of the words were made up and we were trying hard not to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wenderful: I promise that CURSES has nothing to do with potty mouths! And your kids will love it!

    Amy: I would LOVE to have seen the "show" in Home Depot!! Good clean fun--that's what I'm talkin about!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!