Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chicken Linguine Alfredo Florentine

I made this for dinner last night. It was delish!
Chicken Linguine Alfredo Florentine

Linguine noodles ( or your favorite noodle)
2.5 lbs. Chicken breasts ( I use the flash-frozen from Walmart)
2 TB Minced Garlic
2 TB Olive Oil
Cracked Pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Alfredo Sauce (Easy & Quick--use the bottled kind or make your own)
Spinach (frozen or fresh) about 1 cup
Mushrooms, sliced about 2 cups (I used fresh last night, but canned is good too--but not 2 cups if canned!)
Salt
In LARGE pan, saute garlic in olive oil. Add chicken. Brown, then cut into cubes. Add some pepper.
Now, get your water boiling for the noodles. I add salt & olive oil to the water.
To the Chicken, add your mushrooms. (drain the water, if canned). Add the spinach. Add the nutmeg.
Cover with the Alfredo sauce. Simmer until warmed through.
Serve over cooked noodles.
Voila!

2 comments:

  1. I was just reading all the responses you got to your request for books. It sounds like you will be doing a lot of reading. I completely agreed with all that Roxanne wrote (although I don't know who she is but I have read Heidi Ashworth's book). I think I have also read the others she wrote about. Well, except I only made it half way through Twilight. I didn't love it but my girls did. I sometimes read a blog called alpinekleinbunch. She often has book reviews down the side of her blog. You might also want to check those out--sometime in 2015 when you finish the ones that have already been recommended. :-) By the way, what's for dinner tonight? Looking at your soup and pasta dish made me very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM. This looks like a definite keeper. (that's what my kids say when i make a new recipe they like)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!