Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sausage Gravy & Biscuits RECIPE


So I've added this to go with the Biscuit post earlier. I know, I should've just kept them together, but I'm not that smart.
Simple Sausage Gravy
Jimmy Dean's ground pork sausage
(u can use whatever kind you like, some are more spicy, I just use the breakfast sausage b/c I have little kids still)
Milk
Pepper
Red Pepper, optional
Corn starch
Brown the meat. Drain the fat. Add about 3 cups of milk per tube of meat. ( I think that's a pound, but I dunno.)So ADD 2 cups to the pan but SAVE 1 cup of milk and add 2-3 TBS cornstarch to it, stir until it's dissolved. Then add it to the hot meat and milk. Stir until thickened. Heat to a smoothe boil. Add the seasonings you prefer. The Red pepper gives it a kick. You can add some salt to taste.
When it starts to cool is when it thickens too. Serve over biscuits.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, now you're making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to make them, I'll let you know how I do.
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I'm hungry. When do I get to come over for breakfast? Or do I just come when I want too? Love, NJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I can't wait to try it...I LOVE biscuits and gravy!!! Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!