Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Taco Soup Recipe

Out of my new Ward Cookbook. C. Brady is the chef!
TACO SOUP
1 lb. hamburger, browned, season to taste ( I'm using gr. turkey)
1 can kidney beans
1 can tomato sauce 15oz.
1 can pinto beans
1 can tomatoes with green chilis
1 can black beans, optional
Fritos
sour cream
cheddar cheese
Simmer all day or make just before serving (the longer it cooks the better). Put Fritos in a bowl and top with soup, cheese and sour cream.

*Note: I did make this, but I substituted corn for black beans. I added some fresh cilantro, minced onions, garlic and taco seasoning to the meat. And I didn't put the chips in the bowl, but served them on the side along with some tortilla chips and popcorn. I know, popcorn sounds weird, but I have little kids, and they thought it was great!

3 comments:

  1. Keep these recipes coming, I may become a good cook yet.
    Roxanne

    Oh and btw, the comment about the books to read came from me not from my hubby. Just so ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momza, I made this last Saturday night and we loved it! I was actually fasting at the time but my Mr Darcy and a business partner of his were at the house and raved about it. I was so glad there was still some left to try on Monday so I could speak for myself and may I say Yummers! It was awesome.
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!