Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A New Angel


and
http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/ for the whole story.

I came across one person's blog that led me to this one. If you want a clearer perspective of the trials you're facing in your life right now, go read about CORA PAIGE. Her story is one you will never forget. You won't want to. There are things you can do to help. Go. Do. Now.
I thought to write about whether or not God gives us more challenges than we can handle or not. My decided answer is YES, HE does. He does give us more than we alone can handle. Otherwise, why would we need Him?
Are we not here to learn, learn, learn to lean into our faith, whatever it may be--so we can come closer to our Father in Heaven and to have peace in the journey?
And then, I read the McClenahan's blog... even while they are praising God for His goodness and mercies, in 3 short weeks, they said "good-bye" to their baby girl.
And I am left with the heartache, that confirms my feelings that YES, we are given more than we can handle alone. And yet, my faith is formed in HOPE that YES, we are not alone.
As I said last week, TRIALS come and go...we cannot control how long they last, but we can control how we endure them.
The McClenahan's have set a faithful standard worthy of praise and emulation. I will watch them with great interest and compassion as they continue on their journey.
As I have loved you,
love another,
this new commandment,
love one another,
by this shall men know
ye are my disciples,
if you have love one to another."
~childrens songbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!