Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Birthday Break-out! for Bee~!

As previously written, the youngest two have been sick with an awful cough for weeks now. The kids have bascially been quarantined for this too...no playing with friends or going anywhere except to the Dr.'s ofc. Well last Friday was a special birthday, and the Caboose wanted only one thing: A Build-A-Bear. So, I drugged them sufficiently with their meds and ventured to the mall with them. It was like a jail break--they were so happy to be getting out of the house!
We went there soley for her, but once there, Boofus decided he wasn't too much of a "man" to also want his own little black bear--dressed in a camo military get up, no less.


The Caboose's new friend, "March" (hey, it was going to be "aquamarine", but I suggested she think of something to do with her birthday with fewer syllables) and Boofus' buddy, "Scout".

She was a happy camper.




After the bears were finished, we went back to the cell, er, I mean, Home. Yes, our Home Sweet Home...that's where we all went. The same place we've been stuck in, er I mean, recuperating in, for several weeks now. Because the kids did pretty good on the earlier outing, and also because I was feeling tired--we let them choose a place to eat dinner. Honestly, I would've gone anywhere, but they chose FatBurger. I got thru the entire last week of not cooking a single meal...an unexpected gift to comfort my weary bones..thanks to others who've popped in and out with meals.
Joseph ate two baby fat burgers! Which I was happy with because he hasn't been able to keep much down. And he did keep those down! yea!

Ari loved it. She had to go to the bathroom, and when she came back she says, "MOM, you have got to see the bathroom! It is BEAUTIFUL! It's all white! It's all white! You could have a wedding in there!


So I sent Dara in with the camera to take a picture. Cuz any public bathroom that gets the Cabooses' seal of approval is a big deal in our family! She is known for "holding it" for hours until we get home because she has a strong gag reflex. I'm not kidding. So, yeah, if you're looking for an alternative venue for your next wedding...look into FatBurgers! I hear they have beautiful bathrooms!
There just happened to be a Baskin Robbins 31 flavors by the Fatburgers...
And that was Friday night. Of course, the Caboose lost her food by the time we got home--but she has such a great attitude--which has really shown me how strong my kiddos are--I would've turned into a whiny pathetic boob had I been sick for weeks now. But not them.
Saturday, Dani & Brad came down from Lakewood to share the Caboose's bday too. We went to her MOST favorite place: Chinese All-U-Can-Eat. An interesting choice considering she hasn't been keeping alot down--but that's just how it went. We went around the table and everyone "toasted" the Caboose saying what they love about her. When we were all done (all 9 of us)--she said "I want to say something to all of you: I love u for saying all those nice things about me."
And back home we went. We missed David Scott and Tisha and Dean. Hopefully, they will all be here in 2 weeks for her Baptism on the 28th. (As LDS' our children are considered "of age" when they are 8 years old, to be baptized.) So I am really looking forward to that.
So that was a busy weekend! We did go see the Dr. again yesterday, b/c their coughs weren't any better. She prescribed prednisone and the results have been remarkable. We got thru the night with only minor coughs and noone lost their meal this morning! The Dr. said we're doing everything right, and that it's just gonna take some time to get this bug outta them. Their weightloss has been minimal, they're not dehydrated, and they still have good appetites. So I think this new med is gonna hit the spot. By golly, I think we've got it!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!