Sunday, March 22, 2009

More Moments of Mayhem!

So as some of you know I am the mother of a special needs child, Deano. The soft-spot in my heart.

He was born with cerebral palsy. He's gonna be 24 this summer. He is one of the funniest people you might ever meet. No kiddin'.


I'm just gonna see how many wild "Dean stories"I can remember:

*13 yo--Driving our neighbor's Winnebago: As I recall, Nana and Dean were down at Hill's playing in their winnebago while Lisa, Hill's Mom and her cousin (?) were cleaning it out? Then, Dean got up in the driver's seat, put the car into neutral and drove it down their driveway, luckily, a neighbor saw what was happening, and jumped into the moving vehicle and stopped it. Dean thought it was amazing, while it freaked Hillary and Nana out. He came in and told me knew how to drive!

*13 yo--Dean Driving the car through the garage. That was the ugly brown car. I believe he put it into reverse and pushed the gas pedal? or was it parked outside and he put it in DRIVE. Thru the garage door. I forgot to hide the keys.

* 13 yo--Dean backing the white Lumina van out of the drveway--cuz he was ready to go to CHURCH, darn it!
The first time we realized he'd been paying attention to which keys unlocked the car, and a different key started it.

*14 yo Walmart: Orange Hunting Jacket, hat, face mask and overalls. Dani & I were standing in line, and I had just said, "someone needs to go get Dean."--then we looked down the aisle and saw him coming towards us! Arms waving and excited to show us his new duds.He was brilliant in Neon Orange! We lost it--I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe! Dani went and helped him change and put everything back in the sporting goods section. We often wonder why noone in the Sports Dept. stopped him?

*15 yo--I was taking an nap after the birth of the Caboose. School was out, the kids were all home when I hear a fire truck and ambulance come blaring into our cul-de-sac. Then, as I am getting up to see what's going on, the doorbell rings. I rush to the door, and the EMT guy says, "We got a distress call from this address." "What? No, there's nothing going on here.", I say. Then the guy says, "It was an indistinguishable voice, but we could hear the word:"help". "Oh! "DEAN!" I yell...just about that time, Dean comes walking up from his room in the basement. He said, "FINALLY! I need Help! My closet light is broken." They had talked about calling 911 in school that day whenever you need help. We took the phone out of his room (he shared with his older brother) that day.


12 yo--* Running in the Special Olympics track and feild at ASU.. he stopped running and waited for another athlete who had fallen, to get back up to finish the race.


11 yo--* Microwaving an entire block of cheese. Truly. The entire block. On High.

8-16 yo--*Pizza in the VCR

11 yo--* Roast Beef and toothpaste sandwich! When he was like 12 yrs old, he got up earlier than the rest of us one morning, found leftovers from the night before and made himself a roastbeef and toothpaste sandwich. I found it on the counter with one bite taken out of it. Apparently, the idea was better than the reality.

And so much much more...I told you, it's never boring around here. You can't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me, but I saw that you commented on my friend's blog. You may have known my parents, the DeShazer's. They were in one of the Northglenn wards back when you were there. My mom's name is Jeanne(auburn hair), my dad is Michael(Dark brown hair, beard). They had two little boys back then.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!