Monday, May 25, 2009

A Golden Memorial Day

We spent our Memorial Day with Dani and Mr. Idaho in Golden, Colorado. You've probably only heard of Golden from the Coors commercials. But truly, what a very quaint and entertaining little town it is! We got some sandwiches and ate at a Park...where there happened to be the Clear Creek River running through it....just the sweetest place to spend an afternoon, really! There are so many things to see and do, we just barely touched the surface...for starters there are kayaking courses running through the river.
That's the Caboose atop a playground thingy with "M" mountain behind..."M" is for the Colorado School of Mines, where Mr. Idaho attends and is a stellar student.

All along the riverwalk are bronze statues...Daisie getting her first kiss.


The Caboose atop wildlife.



A bronze tribute to the "Sons of Liberty".




Daisie smiling for the camera..and Nana's too short skirt behind her. I'm waiting until I see said skirt in the laundry to help it dissappear. Nana's aware of this, which is why I haven't had to "push through" any of her laundry lately.





Kayakers








Flyfishers in the same river...






More kayakers...they were so entertaining...and a wonderful example to me as to why I would NEVER do that...one guy went underwater and didn't come up for 500 yards at least. I thought I might have to use my superpowers and jump in and save him, but he came up.

















The kayaking skill course.



Miners Mountain








The Caboose trying out one of the 30 creek side benches. Listen, there were even adirondacks on the creekside for people to read or meditate on as the river rushes by...my kind of heaven, I tell you!


Dani and Mr. Idaho hitchin' a ride.

















So the girls were playing frisbee....and it went into a pond...then Mr. Idaho fished it out with his pole. He's good like that.








Boofus is getting attached to Mr. Idaho. Sorry David Scott--you know Boofus adores you, but you're all the way in Idaho now...he needs a buddy and Mr. Idaho is very patient with him.
So that was our day. The perfect kinda day for me...outside enjoying the familia, noone crying...tho Boofus who had been sick over the weekend said at the end of the day, "I feel like crap." Yeah, he can only get away with those ugly words cuz I believe he realy did feel like, you know...crap. But all in all, everyone enjoyed our adventure to Golden and we are excited to go back and visit. There are bike trails, tennis courts, restaurants along the riverwalk, open fields, tons of little shops to visit and little traffic. As I told Dani, she is very lucky to live in such a sweet little town.
Only two more days of school for the kiddos and then we get a whole summer to explore Colorado again. There's always so many things to see and do here...it is my heaven.
















6 comments:

  1. Hi, Its Alisha from www.homemakinghoneys.com Thanks for your comment. You blog is so cute. It looks like you guys had a great Memorial Day. Aren't holidays with family so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like a fantastic day!!!

    Love the "lost it in the laundry" trick. I'm saving that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your pictures! What a fun day for you. And we just spent the day in our backyard! Not anywhere near exciting. (But our neighbors were with us so it was fun.) In two weeks we are going to Durango for the week. We are all looking forward to that! I agree with you that Colorado is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect. I need to see lots of your beautiful cool Colorado photos whilst I swelter away here in Phoenix this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really beautiful area! How fun! I love the iris too--my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a perfect spot, especially for Memorial Day. Glad you had a good time...

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!