Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HELP! I've got Ambition but no Skill!




One flat of fresh Strawberries.............Check

10 Mason jars with lids........................Check

2 packets of pectin stuff.......................Check

Sugar.......................................................Check


Desire to Make my own Freezer Jam...Check

Recipe........................................................NOPE.


Help. I've never canned before...I know, I know...just didn't learn that yet. I can help you have a baby or sell your house, give you reasons not to sell your teenager when they're driving you nuts...but I don't know how to do food preservation.

Marilyn, this is your fault. I just thought you should know.


Please send recipe ASAP.


~Momza

9 comments:

  1. This is such a funny post! Gathering all ingredients but...no recipe! Now if I was my mom, I could rattle off the recipe to you lickety split. But, alas, I'm not.

    Good luck! Bet it will be delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momza! google!

    here's one
    NO - COOK STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM
    4 c. ripe strawberries
    4 c. granulated sugar
    1 box Sure-Jell powdered pectin
    3/4 c. water
    Wash and hull the berries; crush them completely, a few at a time. (Should end up with 2 cups.) In large bowl, mix together the berries and sugar. Let stand 10 minutes. Combine pectin and water in saucepan. Bring to boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir hot pectin into the fruit bowl; continue stirring. Don't worry if sugar is not completely dissolved. Ladle jam into freezer containers. Put lids on immediately. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours or until set. Refrigerate for a few weeks or freeze for up to a year.

    via
    www.cooks.com/

    hope this helps. :-)

    ..
    .ero

    ReplyDelete
  3. open the pectin. there will be a recipe inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say the same thing as Rachel Sue. I just use the recipe inside the pectin box.

    Best of luck! I love frozen jam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry. I'm as clueless as you are on this one...

    But maybe you will inspire me to try!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi dawn... I was going to say what Rachel said... i made some last month and it was super delicious! I got the recipe right out of the box!
    have fun! it was really easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heehee HaHa. Sorry to cause misery. I use the recipe on the pectin box. Easy Peasy. Now go forth and CAN.....(be sure to return and report)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seconding (third-ing?) everyone else and telling you to use the recipe in the pectin box. My aunt uses that and her strawberry jam is the best in the universe! She also says it's super easy peasy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Momza, I don't have ambition or skill!!! NJ

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!