Friday, May 22, 2009

Rocky Mountain High




Have you heard of "house-trading vacations?" It's where families trade homes for a vacation.


I looked at some of the sites online years ago and thought, "man, I'd love to do that!"




Well, here I go, taking charge of my own life again, seeing if I can dangle this out there and get a response. With the economy in the dumps like it is, and gas getting ready to sky-rocket this summer, I'd still like to take a vacation--but wow! wouldn't it help if we didn't have to pay for a hotel?? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.




Is anyone even mildly interested in swapping houses for a few days to a week with us here in Colorado Springs, Colorado? We have a 5 bed/4 bath home. It's in the foothills of Northern Colorado Springs...very near the AFA...little less than 50 miles from Denver. Think about it.


Let me know where you live, about your home, and we'll go from there.




We'll be picky. We'll want references. We have references too, of course. Think about it. Talk it over. You can email me.

P.S. We're hoping for either California or Salt Lake City in mid-to-late July.

8 comments:

  1. Boy, I should talk to my husband about this one...Sounds like a great idea! (Though, knowing him, he may have our vacation time all planned up at this point.)

    I'll check it out with him, though!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! I am excited for you!!! After traveling outside the US, I've discovered there are many beautiful places to visit throughout this country that I am dying to discover!!! I can't wait to see where you end up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool idea! I wish that my hubby woudl go for it, since ya know Utah is just SOOOOOO exciting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who lives in Las Vegas who might be interested....

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a great website that you can use-- but of course it has a fee for joining. Good luck finding a trade! It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a 1000 square foot home with 3 bedrooms (what I like to describe as "cozy"),in a quaint little gold rush town in the Sierra Nevada foothills. You get to enjoy nature right in your own backyard (well, mine) with guinea pigs, cats, dogs and even goldfish (that I'm sure you wouldn't mind caring for during your stay). The chocolate shop is only a short walk from your doorstep, but I'm sure the distance is enough to burn the calories from the chocolate you'll purchase. That's my best offer....oh well, I tried! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be happy to offer you our home, but no one in their right mind goes to Phoenix on vacation in the summer. Good luck finding something. My daughter said there is a whole section of people wanting to switch homes on Craig's List. You might check there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about your vacation at my house.....a couple of miles away? I would require all of your house cleaning services at my house before you came of course.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!