Friday, May 22, 2009

A Vision of Love

Graduation Day! Diana and Taylor both graduated yesterday from high school. TWO different high schools...meant TWO different ceremonies at TWO different times...But! luckily at the same place--the USAFA Field house. The pic below was taken from our seats during Nana's ceremony. They had 380 Seniors graduating. What was really fun with her class was that as a class, they had made a sneaky plan to hide blow-up beach balls on their persons (which was tricky because of the Security--it is a Military School)--and through-out the ceremonies beach balls would pop up like popcorn and the kids would start bouncing them around--until the Dean would confiscate them...but no sooner would he sit down with two or three balls, than 3 more would start popping up! It was so so cute! And made an otherwise boring event entertaining! The audience even "boo-ed" the Dean when he would take the balls...my Boofus shouted, "You Stink! Give' em back the balls"! lol

Taylor's Sr. class was much more reserved....tho because of where we sat, we made little Rascals "hi-signs" at her to keep her awake and us too!
Me, Nana and Mr W

Dara, Taylor, Nana, Mr. Idaho (Dani couldn't make it, but Nana and I ran up to Lakewood yesterday morning for a quick visit so she did get to see her), Boofus and the Caboose. It was rainy all day, but the sun peeked out for half a minute for this picture, then we hurried home to get ready for Taylor's ceremony, turned around and came back! Nana and I were the only ones who came back--the younger kids would've rather had their eyes poked out than do a repeat, so Mr W stayed home with them.
****************









She was born in 1990--so when I was considering the song for this post, and stumbled upon the TOP songs of 1990, well, I had to put it up! What a load of fun songs--almost as much fun as my Nana!
She is headed off to college in St. George, Utah this fall. She is majoring in Secondary Education--she wants to teach High School Speech and History. Her biggest concern was tripping in her shoes on stage--that didn't happen, but her cap was knocked off as a teacher hugged her on stage--that's my Nana.
Taylor is headed to Boise State University to get her degree as a Physician's Assistant. Taylor graduated with Honors and an International Baccalaureate honor too. One smart cookie.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I just realized that I forgot to name my post a song title today. Oops.

    Happy day for all of you.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Graduates! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That always happens at the graduations at my kids' school too---they always threaten the kids "no beach balls, blah blah blah" but somehow they sneak them in and it is pretty funny. I really stink at this song title game. I tried so hard to think of a song title for my last post that I completely and I mean COMPLETELY drew a blank.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!