Tuesday, July 21, 2009

LIVE! from the Wells Fargo Theater: David "He's so Dreamy" Archuleta and Demi "Minnie Mouse" Lovato



Where to start? Where to start?
The drive was uneventful up to Denver. To tha big city. We're small-town folks down here in the Springs. The traffic is ridiculous. Not as bad as LA, or Phoenix, or SLC--but it's pretty intense.
I love my GPS.
We got to the Wells Fargo Theater no prob, Bob. Parking was a no-brainer. We found our seats...235, 236, and 237. That's right--2nd row. Now that sounds unbelievably close...but what they call "second row" AIN'T really. There is a whole other section in front of us about, I dunno 15 rows deep..."floor seating"...the seats up there were quadruple what we paid.
We got to our seats, and upon looking around, I felt like Dorothy in Munchkinland. Little bitty girls filled the seats. I mean, little. bitty. girls. Toddlers. Elementary aged girls. All ages of little. bitty. girls. at a concert. 99% of them were sporting Demi Lovato garb--she's a Disney soap opera actress, in case you're wondering. It was actually HER concert, with David Archuleta as her opening act. They also had an entre' act called "ksm"--five girls band--who were just plain awful--absolutely no stage presence--so I figured they must related to someone who owns the theater to be there.
So that was the line-up.
ksm. David. Demi.

ksm-Nana booed them. Told u they stunk.




David....just the cutest thing since sliced bread & cotton candy. We thoroughly enjoyed his performance. You can see from the pics that I took from way back in Second Row, that we could see him pretty good.
He sang some of his oldies, and some from his American Idol days...


The girls went NUTZ when he came out. Daisie squealed, danced, clapped, jumped, the entire time he sang. What fun it was to watch her mouth all the words to his songs as he sang them! It was just a riot.
Just the sweetest performance. First Class. Got her to stand still and look at me...sucha teenage face...see that angst written all over it??

From the Big Screen



Singing along with David. I am eating my heart out...I never got to sing with Donny.

The last song...Crush...awwwww.

Then, Demi Lovato.

The stage people must be deaf, because it was so loud, my ears started ringing. Demi sounded like Minnie Mouse to me. Seriously. Two songs in, and I was sitting, covering my ears. Half-way, Kelly and I both went out into the lobby--ears ringing. We weren't alone. Alot of parents were out there too, holding their little ones, who looked very uncomfortable. Two of the security/ushers out there said it was the loudest concert they've had--louder than Metallica. I'm thinking, why doesn't Management hit the VOLUME control and take it down a couple notches?? Demi's "vocal style" is mostly YELLING like her bum is on fire...so it would make sense to adjust for her "style"--dontcha think?
So we stood in the lobby, as parents poured out like rats abandoning a sinking ship, arms full of souvenirs and weary -looking kiddos.
Nana & Daisie stayed in there happily to the end--and the volume was merely a footnote in their mind. Yeah, it was too loud, but it was worth it. And yes, I took more pics, but seriously, not many...on account of my ears burning.

Tomorrow, they're in Kansas City--oh, and for those of you wondering--there were alot of empty seats--if you wanna go, you can probably still get tickets. There were people in the lobby actually GIVING AWAY seats. No kidding. And of course, guys outside selling them. Oh! and after the concert, there are T-Shirt guys selling the last of their loot for $5 a shirt. SO don't buy your shirt before the concert...unless it's an adult-sized shirt--but otherwise, you get a bargain!

So, go for David --he was worth it. Take ear plugs though for Demi's show. You may need them even if the volume isn't too loud.

It was raining when we got out of the theater...not a downpour though. And it rained most of the way home, but again, nothing frightful. Daisie & Nana went to bed with a smile. Just as I climbed into my bed at 11:52, a storm blew in that rattled the house! It hailed so loudly the kids woke up...it's a wonder none of the windows cracked. Hands down, the loudest storm I've heard in a long time. Oddly, the noise wasn't even close to the concert.

4 comments:

  1. 1. I completely agree about GPS. It saved me in Denver.
    2. David is adorable.
    3. I hate loud concerts too.
    4. I didn't sleep well because of a thunderstorm early this morning either.
    5. Sounds like we're both on the same page today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always take ear plugs to every concert. Seems the older I get, the more sensitive my ears become.

    And yet, I LOVE concerts...So, it's ear plugs for me!

    =)

    PS. Glad you had a good time together. It will definitely be a "memory."

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like it was a great time despite the loud Minnie mouse voice of Demi singing!!! Im sure it was worth it to watch your girl be so happy...doing something you only wished you could of done (only with Donny) YAY MOM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a great mom to take your girl to a concert, and tough out the loudness!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!