Thursday, August 13, 2009

How can you tell a Mormon Barbie from the rest?

"Mom, when we're done can we go get some new clothes for my Mormon Barbie?"
"Mormon Barbie? You have a Mormon Barbie? Wait. What's the difference between a Mormon Barbie and a reg-li-ar (its an inside joke/word we use) Barbie??"

Pause.
"My Mormon Barbie wears ya know, appropriate clothes." (modest is Hottest)

"Yeah? What else?"

"And appropriate shoes."
(Wha??)

"And her hair is 'up'...like all up or in a little bun. Just a normal hairdo, nothing sassy." (Sassy??!!) "And not much make-up...but most of my Barbies wear too much make-up, but I can't fix that." ("sassy" hair?)

"So what do you do with your Mormon Barbie?"
"Oh, I fill up that big bowl, you know that one?-- with water, and my Mormon guy Barbie baptizes her.

And now you know.

1 comment:

Have a Thought? Share It!