Monday, November 30, 2009

Patience is a Virtue? *OR* Where is that Baby?

It's Monday.
MONDAY.
And I am still not a Gramuddah.

I got up at 6:45am on Turkey day
like a Sous chef
to make sure all was ready
for Mr W--
should I get "the call"
to run up to Golden,
and leave him to make the dinner.
Which, he loves doing
and he got up with me at 6am
cuz
he likes spending time with me
whilst the yahoos are still sleeping.

We chopped,
sliced and diced
 and cooked
and finally it was all done--
and it was good!
Lemme tell you,
it was good--
cranberry salsa
stuffed mushrooms
warmed cranberry brie
Turkey
sausage & sage dressing with granny apple & mushrooms,
hawaiian rolls
homemade cranberry sauce (Cranberries Are Loved)
PLUS the gel in the can :::shudder:::
for Diana
and on and on...
I was stuffed.
Mr. W was stuffed
the kids were stuffed
pie was eaten,
and life was good.

Dani & Mr Idaho did not
come down for Thanksgiving
and she was sad about that--
but she'd been having ctx all day
and didn't wanna chance the drive
away from her birth center.

But No Baby Yet.

Again, I went to bed
on high alert
waiting for that phone to ring!
Friday morning at 4am
I got up with Mr W
and reluctantly went to Wally World...

I didn't want to
except for two items
ON SALE
that are on Santa's List
were there!--
and oh-my-gosh!
the number of cars in the Parking lot
was fantastic!
I thought the store opened at 5am--
no it did not!
It never closed
from the night before.
And it was almost as PACKED as the
Kohl's parking lot across the Street.

Once inside Wally's World,
the place resembled a Zoo
only with brighter lights
and Karo syrup  & womens' underwear
down the aisles.
They had their "deals" spread all over the store--
Cameras in the Fitting Room areas,
Nintendos at the Pharmacy,
TVs in Frozen Food
TomToms in Lingerie
It was a Scavenger Hunt--Walmart-style!
I only got cart-rammed
twice
and observed only one truly irate
hobbit-woman--
she behaved like The Queen of Hearts--
"MY WAY, ALWAYS MY WAY!"

We got our goodies
and I was back home in bed
less than an hour later!

We also hit Target
for two of their Sale Items
and while there,
they girls got candy for the Candy Game--
upon laying it on the checkout thingy,
Dean exclaimed, as loudly as I have ever heard him yell
in public,
"DAMN People!"
Hands thrown up in the air
in excitement over the candy!
Diana and I were ahead of him in line
and turned, wide-eyed to each other--
"Did he just say what I think he said?"
We look behind to Dara for confirmation
whose eyes were huge and
we all started laughing, told Dean
"We don't use those words Deano."
The smile never left his face. He loves candy.
And apparently that love elicits cuss words.
Who knew?

The Missionaries came over
and played the cussed-over Candy Game...
and didn't mind that Dean cheated
by telling what kind of candy Diana
was hiding under her towel.
Dean always cheats.
But we don't mind.
He is our Golden Ticket afterall.
Not be confused with the Golden Child
that is very very late.

Saturday
I grabbed Nana and we ran Dean home
to Loveland
and stopped by Golden
to check on Dani
& Brad.
The lack of sleep shows
in both their eyes.
We went out for pizza
and laughed our guts out.

Then we went to Whole Foods
where I got Dani some Zinc
and Red Raspberry Leaf supps
that might help kick her into labor.
Mr W offerred use of his Shop-Vac
if those didn't work.
smart aleck.

She said she thought she was
in labor
that night
5-1-1
but then
Not.

Today she is going to a
Midwife/Dr. (not my Midwife) appointment.
They may break her water
to get labor going.
And if they do,
then we'll have a baby today
no doubt.

Otherwise,
we are being taught a fine lesson
on Patience.
We're waiting for this newest
Yahoo
to join the craziness that is Our Family
and while it may look like
we're living our normally-scheduled-lives,
we're really living in an altered universe
which we will easily ditch
once this Golden Child
makes his way here.

Oh and I also got to spend some
Quality Time in the ER last night
with Diana's Little Man
whom we thought had a heart attack
at the house last night,
and whom our neighbor and brother from the ward
had to haul upstairs over his shoulders
to the car
(Little Man's sister didn't wanna call 911)
but all is well--
he just has a rib head cartilege thingy that was inflamed
and after a drip bag of drugs
a few thousand dollars worth of tests
and whatnot
Little Man slept in his own bed last night.

(fyi: When someone is being taken to "the hospital" from your house, and you intend on following them once you grab your shoes and coat, it's important to ask them BEFORE they drive off, WHICH hospital they're going to, otherwise, you are left in the driveway with your coat, shoes and car keys and no idea.)

With everything else,
I have to admit
the diversion wasn't awful.
I did get to read a Newsweek article
about Twilight's Stephanie Meyer.

Patience.  I hear it's a Virtue.

5 comments:

  1. Sheesh. Sounds like a wild ride at your house these days. Hope that baby comes soon!

    =)

    PS. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounded yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more frustrating that a baby that just won't come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I've got to spend some time with you guys. You're hilarious! Can't wait to hear about the golden child's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I think I'll take my hectic life over yours. Good luck future Grammy! Here's hoping the babe is on his way as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to check your blog and see if the baby came yet! It's miserable to be overdue and have everyone keep asking "when". 3 out of 4 of mine were very late so I sympathize with your daughter! Sounds like you had a very busy weekend even without a grandbaby arriving! And I PREFER the gel cranberry sauce from the can! I know, gross, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!