Friday, November 6, 2009

Will You Join Me? Teddy Bears for Fort Hood!

Like the rest of you
My heart has gone out to
the troops and their families
at Fort Hood
since the tragedy yesterday.

Living in a military town
here in Colorado Springs
where we have
the Air Force Academy
Fort Carson
Peterson AFB
and Schriever AFB
I feel a kinship with our
military families.

These bases are safe havens
for our community neighbours.
Our kids' classmates have parents
that are in the military.
It is a tightly-knit community.
As a civilian,
I love knowing I am surrounded
by the caliber of people who
serve our country
with their whole hearts.
The sacrifices inherent in their jobs
are noble and worthy of
respect to the nth-degree.

The experts are all weighing in--
fingers pointing in all directions
looking to blame someone
anyone...
and all I can think of is
the children
in that community.


With them in mind
I am going to invite YOU
My Mommy Friends
to help soothe some aching
hearts
by sending Teddy Bears to Fort Hood,
with the help of TLC Teddies,
the children's charity
that Dani started for 9/11.

My goal is to get as many
NEW Teddy Bears
by December 5th, 2009
together
and I will make sure they get to
Fort Hood to be part of their
Santa's Workshop program.

So tell Everyone you know,
and email me for the address
to send them to...
I HAVE a contact at Fort Hood
and we'll go from there.

IN the meantime,
go out and get a teddy bear this weekend.
It can be any size,
and color...
it will be sent to a Fort Hood child.
That's my promise.

We can do this much.
Will you join me?

8 comments:

  1. @Sue: Yea! We sent close thousands of teddy bears to NYC after 9/11...I am excited to see how many people get involved in this! I'm telling everyone I know! Thanks for jumping in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction: we sent thousands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would love to help out. Please send me the address. I believe you have my email address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you looking for new teddies or will you accept gently used teddies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Teddy bears are what we need, in any size or shape that a child can hold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, momza,

    a wonderful idea,
    you have a heart of gold.
    :-)

    look for my email,
    it will have "MOMZA" in the subject line

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know where they need to go!

    trappedandscreaming at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!