Friday, November 20, 2009

The Weekend's Here, Whaddya Gonna Do?

It's the Weekend Before Thanksgiving--
can you believe it?

I'm planning our menu for the big meal.
Appetizer:
Stuffed Mushrooms
Cranberry Salsa & chips
Hot Pizza Dip

Meal:
Turkey
Mashed potatoes
Cauliflower with cheesy-mustard sauce
Fresh Cranberry Sauce
Sausage and Sage Dressing
Waldorf Salad

Dessert:
Pie
Pie
oh and
Pie.

And as a family,
we are going to make a
Gratitude Tree--
Everyday we will write our
blessings
on a slip of paper
and put it on a tree.

Now that sounds all
spirichual and stuff--
but knowing my family
it's going to get completely outta hand
and have ridiculous nonsense on it--

I can't wait.

 p.s. of course, all this is really just a distraction until I get the call
from Dani & Mr. Idaho...she's having lotsa BH ctx, so it could be any.second.

3 comments:

  1. I am cleaning out my house of all the stuff I haven't used in over a year while my Hubs is gone hunting in New York...including stuff he thinks he needs and won't get rid of. Wish me luck when he gets home ! Have a great weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time to be expecting a new grandbaby!

    =)

    PS. I haven't even started thinking about the Thanksgiving dinner. Sheesh. i'd better get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know that I've been married 16 years and I've never cooked Thanksgiving dinner?

    Do you make your own cranberry salsa or do you buy it? If it's yours, will you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!