Thursday, March 11, 2010

Aftermath of Messing with your Teenager

She noticed.

And she was
 S T E A M I NG....

The Caboose came running into the kitchen
while I was making
BLT's for dinner--
hollaring--
"Prepare for Impact!!  Nana says!!"


Surfacing from her room,
Shoulders squared,
jaw lined
eyes glaring...
bum
bum
bummmmm!!!

"I want it back.  I want it all back. And I want it all back NOW!"

I turn slowly
and look curiously at her:

"Whatever do you mean, my Love?"

Disgust escapes her lips...
"UGH! You know what I mean! My STUFF!  My camera! My mascara! I want it back."

I try to feign innocence...but I'm translucent.  And kinda proud of it.

"You mean to tell me, someone had the NERVE to go into your room and take your stuff without asking??  How could they?  That's so so...what's the word?
Oh wait,
I think it's called
'KARMA' ?????

One of her eyebrows raised, in a that's-so-not-funny look.

The Caboose tosses another coal on the fire:
"And Mommy blogged it too!!!"

Being the almost 15 year old she is...the drama flowed like gravy on a buttermilk biscuit....
"I'm going to go to C.'s house tonight! And I'm not coming back until my stuff is back!"

Nana and I both giggle. 
This is SAWWWEEEEET!
Daisie is aghast at the nerve we had to take her stuff!!!!

I stop giggling...well, no, I didn't, but I managed to say:

"Um, no you may not go to C.'s house for the night.  It's a school night."

She stomps about...
o my heck--
this is priceless stuff here.
I wish I'd taken pics of her exasperation!

Nana and I are dying with pride in ourselves...
We did this right.

Dinner is finally on the table
and the call goes out
"DINNER!!"

Everyone comes, but Daisie.
I send a "runner"--
"Ask Daisie to come here", I say.
She presents
with invisible body armor--
glaring eyes
forced lips...

I greet her stance with a smile,
"Are you hungry?  I made BLT's for dinner."

This child never turns down a meal.
But tonight,
"NO, I'm too angry to eat." then spins on her heel
and heads back downstairs to her room--
we hear the door slam beneath us.

BLT's never tasted so good.

14 comments:

  1. I shouldn't be laughing but...

    heehee

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off to work and this will have me giggling all day. I am glad I am not the only one who does stuff like this to their kids. You are my kind of woman!!

    Love it and hope she cools off sooner than later :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your attitude about it all is the best!! You know you are doing the right thing and it is an important lesson that she needs to learn now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! So great. And I'm glad you kept your cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I can see your MOTY {mother of the year}award is going down the toilet. Call Child Protective Services!!!.......................
    ....................................................................As all of the mothers across the land are applauding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karma is so great. Especially when it bites our teenagers in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Mom!!!! Lesson learned!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it bad that I laughed through most of this? I think that when I get to where you are, I'm going to take a page out of your parenting book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Priceless!

    BTW - I linked to one of your posts.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Prairiemaid: Thanks for your support and also for the linking!
    @Rachel: Sometimes, you have to get down on their level, ya know?
    @Tammy: That is the hope!
    @Linda: Karma is it's own reward.
    @Connie: I accept your nomination!
    @Nat & Liz: It was either laugh or sell her to the circus.
    Cheryl & Sue: Hey, she is number five...I've learned a few things in my old age!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahahaha. Can't wait for Part 3!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Marilyn: this was really fun, I admit!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha! She may have been boiling, but I bet it's a tactic she'll use on one of her kids some day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Amy: she was funny--tried to "fume" but couldn't quite pull it off like she wanted...whatwith Nana and I laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!