Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend


Whew.
What a week.
What a week-END.
I am one pooped Momza.

Friday is as near a blur as it could get I think.
I've been working on staging a house with Kelly,
so we worked on that for a bit Friday morning.
It's a military family that's moving.
It has been my experience that military families
have lots of
souvenirs,
but not much actual furniture.
So when you're staging a home to sell,
here's a free tip:
Pack up 99% of your souvenirs.
Ninety-nine percent.
And while we're at it,
pack up 90% of your books too.
Just pack it all up
to take with you.

Also on Friday,
Nana and I took flowers to Daisie's school for her bday
and picked her up early at the end of the day.
We let her choose which restaurant she wanted
to go to for dinner...
Qdoba
Red Robin
Chipotle
Applebees
Boriellos
...
she chose IHOP.
No kiddin'.
And she had a crepe.
Crepes...those things we make at least once a month
by the dozens--
yeah, she chose that.
what a funny kid.
Then she had her BFF, Chels, sleep over.
Around bedtime
the two of them sauntered up the stairs
and greeted me
all wide-eyed and smiley
then begged for the bedroom door to be put back on...
un-unh.
Nope.
I am tough.
I am steel.
I am Momza.


Saturday...
well, I lost my ever-lovin' mind
and invited SIX missionaries over for breakfast
and to watch the morning session of the
LDS Conference on tv with us.
We made texas french toast
a messssssssa bacon
and scrambled up a couple dozen eggs.
I'm gonna name drop in case some of you might know these sweet young men:
Elder K. Okerlund, CA.
Elder Panek, CA.
Elder DeBruyn, CA.
Elder Gemmill, Alberta, CAN.
Elder Foote, Alberta, CAN.
Elder Grilliot, Normal, ILL.

I took some fun pics of them goofing off,
but I'll have to post those later with the stories that goes with them.
Hi-LAR-EE-OUS.

After conference, they played
Apples to Apples with the yahoos,
and then left.
I think. ?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they left.
We also had Mr. Idaho and Dani and the Ninja baby
down for dinner
dyeing eggs
and all that.
We normally do "easter bunny" on Friday night,
but since it was Conference,
and I was near-dead,
we changed it up.
We stayed up wayyyyyyyyyyyyy
past my bedtime
yackin' away...
I always do that when the kids come down--
stay up way late to catch up,
do you do that too?

Anywho,

Earlier in the week,
the Caboose and Boofus
announced that there is no such thing as
the Easter Bunny.
They made their case--
well, Boofus made his last year
and being the ever-attentive brother that he is,
let the Caboose in on the d-l too.
But they still wanted us to hide their baskets
and eggs
for old times' sake.
I let Daisie hide the treats
after Dani and I stuffed the eggs.
I have to say,
it's nice to be thru with that
Easter Bunny fella.
I might be a little bitter
because there was in fact,
none of the items I asked him for,
earlier in the week in my
personal letter to him.
Meh.
Turns out, I didn't need a tranquilizer dartgun afterall.
I'm good.

The yahoos got up, hunted down the goods
inhaled chocolate like it was a new food group
and the rest of the day was spent
watching Conference,
napping,
playing with the baby,
and our traditional Easter meal.

Now, I have to add the weird twist in our day--
on Friday,
I rented a RUG DOCTOR...
not thinking that we'd have a housefull of people
all weekend long.
SO guess what Mr. W did between sessions of Conference?
Yeah--
that screaming-mimi machine
HAD to be used
and returned TODAY before 5.

While I love the clean carpets,
I really messed up renting it
this weekend.
I shoulda waited.
The house was really noisy up until 2pm
when Mr. W
finished...
it was really not the way we celebrate
Easter Sunday...
cleaning carpets.
He didn't complain a peep,
but the kids did.
Note to Self:
Don't do that anymore. Seriously.
And, Daisie got her door back tonight.
I hope she learned her lesson.
She says she has.
We'll see how smart she is.



Okay and one thought that stuck out to me
from Conference
was from
Julie B. Beck,
when she said,
"Even when you try your BEST,
life will still present disappointments,
but you will not be disappointed in yourself."

I LOVE THAT!
It is so true.
There is nothing worse than being disappointed
in myself.
Nothing.
-like, renting a carpet cleaning maching on
Easter weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a crazy and fun Easter. Ours was similar, but very enjoyable. And I get to top it off by heading down to Southern California to spend some time with my grandkids this weekend!

    We had dinner tonight at my daughter's house with all of her in-laws. What a nice bunch of people they are. Lots of fun, and good eats, too.

    I like Sis. Beck. I like that she doesn't use the primary voice.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The primary voice!! I know exactly what that is. He he. Sister Beck does rock for that reason.

    Okay, so this comment has nothing to do with Easter, but did the Rug Doctor really work? I want to clean my carpets upstairs before baby is old enough to crawl. I mean, I got a while, but I've often wondered if the Rug Doctor works, or if I really ought to just shell out the money to have someone come and clean them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to nixing the primary voice! Yes, the RugDoctor works...we used to have our own Bissel cleaning machine, then it broke unexpectedly, and we thought we'd "try" the RD--it surprised us by how well it works. Yes, I would recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked her talk as well. I always do and never quite get why some find her so controversial.

    I totally misjudge timing all the time. I can see myself renting a carpet cleaner over Easter/general conference weekend! (Although not now that someone has pointed out to me it isn't the best idea).

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!