Friday, May 21, 2010

Hibernation is so Over!

It's been a crazy few days.
My winter muscles are cranky as they wake up
and push out of hibernation
just like the bears who've been lumbering into town
to enjoy the warmth of a late Spring.

We've been super busy with David Scott home--
as is the case when family comes to visit,
right?
Tomorrow the familia is heading West
to the Collegiate Mountain Range
to do some fishing and hiking.
The boys are psyched for fishing
while the girls are like me,
just wanna get out and get some SUN
on our pasty white bodies.

I have a small confession to make--
while Mr W and I were shopping tonight
for our picnicking supplies
at the only Walmart I enjoy shopping at
on the planet--
I told him he could get whatever kind
of apples he wanted
because if I had my druthers,
I'd let him take the whole HeeHaw Gang
and leave me home
in silence.
Mr W quickly informed me that
he was sure he'd get a call to go into
work
if I were unable to join them on this
excursion.

So, as we're talking about what time
we wanna get up in the morning,
I suggest 6am
that was met with much MUCH
growling
weeping
wailing
and gnashing of teeth.
So I turned to Mr W and said
"What time do we want to leave?"
Stone-faced he shrugged,
"I don't care."
"What do you mean you don't care? Don't we wanna have enough time
to get ready and leave by 8?" I ask "That's two hours."
He answered without even a smile,
"We can't tie our shoes in two hours."
Touche, Mr W, touche.


So come tomorrow night,
after a day of frolicking in the mountains,
we will come home with yahoos
too tired to
weep
or
wail
or gnash their teeth...
and that's worth the trip to me.

As long as we don't come across
any bears
I'll be fine, just fine.

7 comments:

  1. awesome! we're heading straight into winter here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have an awesome time....less the bears, of course!

    Enjoy!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the cranky muscle thing! My body has been aching for days. Although I am jealous you can go be in those gorgeous mountains while we are simmering in the heat. You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a blast!
    Sounds like a fun time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the sun. Every once in while my husband will take an outing with all the kids and leave me home alone. It is always glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope this was as fun as it sounds. :With the whole family together, I suspect it was!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it wasn't COLD! We've had another "cold front" blow through here and it's a tad chilly for the end of May (in the 80s-haha) PS. I love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!