Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Like Dwight

So I started this new job.
I'm the Assistant to the Regional Manager
at the Interior Design store that's getting ready to open.

The builder just finished the build-out part
Friday...
and so now we're in the process of moving.
I think I'll take pics today so you can see the
transformation as it takes shape.



Right now,
it's a flat-out mess.
But our designer, Karen, has big plans and great taste
so I kinda feel privileged to be one of her sorry people
and get to watch it all up close and personal!

Last weekend,
we spent time as a family on the Santa Fe trail,
then we took the yahoos out and bought winter coats--
we only have to do that every couple of years
thank goodness...the total cost of the coats is as much as
a Kia.

Now I have their old winter coats that I'd like to donate
to kids that could really use them.
Gotta think about how to go about that one.

Then we went homecoming dress shopping for Daisie.
Three hours later,
she found a modest Jody dress she loves
at Dillards.
And she's willing to pay half the cost.
But I was near-pooped.
FYI- Don't go hiking in the morning before you go dress shopping
in the evening
with a young woman.
Your brain gets soggy and
you may need CPR in the parking lot
Oh my Aunt Nancy!

The *brilliant rich and talented child down the street
told Ari she isn't allowed to play with her
"for two weeks
because Ari lied about her."
Not even kidding about this.

Then the *brat showed up to play last night.
Schizophrenic child.
I think she's smarter than me--
I didn't think we'd see her until she's on
America's Most Wanted or Jerry Springer.

I'm kidding.
A little.

It's a little un-nerving though.
Like a really bad movie or a
Scooby Doo episode--
I'm half-wondering whose behind the child mask
of this short person.

So we got all the kids new coats
and guess what chicken-butt?

It's supposed to 85-freakin-degrees here today!
I wonder if that's a record?
We'd already had our first snow this time last year.
Something ain't right.
And Murphy's Law woulda kicked our bums if we
waited to buy the coats!--
we'd have 14 inches of snow today and no coats!


Oh and I also went and saw the baby whose birth I last attended
12 days ago.
He is really cute.
And I never say a baby is cute if he looks like
a squished up old man dipped in forty weight.
I compliment their clothes or blankets
or say something like,
"Dontcha just love him?!"--
if the baby looks like Gollum from LOTR.

Anywho, that baby is really cute.

Then Mr Wonderful and I attended a Stake Meeting--
we're planning a dance in October for the region's
single adults age 30 and up...
I think it's more accurate to say for 35-45 year olds
because 30 year-olds don't think they belong there
as much as 50 year-olds are way past the "dancing with strangers" age--
for the most part.
But still,
we're planning the dance and refreshments.
There will be no chocolate chip cookies or red kool-aid there.
We're having grown up food.
And candy corn...
because everyone knows
candy corn
is THE candy of Fall.
It's in the Law Book of Fall by Momza.
Look for it in Costco
in the candy section
right next to the GIANT container of Twizzlers.

And that's my weekend/week so far.
Oh and I have a sprained wrist that is tightly wrapped in an
ACE bandage...which needs to be looked at by a trained professional
but I have no time to go because
you guessed it--
I'm Late! and the ATTRM cannot be late.

4 comments:

  1. Just reading this makes my head spin! You have more going on in this post than I've had in the last two weeks!! How on earth do you get it all done?

    By being our friend Momza, of course. (And that's a very good thing to be...)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! You sound so busy in your everyday life, I don't know how you're going to fit it in, lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new job and everything else you are doing. Sorry to hear about the continuing saga with the neighbor girl.

    And I can relate to the homecoming dress shopping. I have spent hours and hours over the years shopping for dresses from here to Mesa and back. For some strange reason though, shopping with Michelle has been charmed. We found a prom dress last year at our first stop--super cute and very modest, and this year we found exactly what she was looking for in a homecoming dress at our first stop as well. I just wish I were going to be in town for her date. She told me she really likes the guy and may kiss him goodnight. So I want to be here sitting in the driveway with flood lights on when they come home. :-) But I am going to be out of town instead. I am thinking about hiring my neighbor though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lori: Dress shopping is better if done in small amounts and with a huge pretzel from the mall.
    @ sarah: thank you and me neither.
    @Sue: I don't think I could do half of this without the support of Mr. W. true story.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!