Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reflections

It's Saturday morning.
The house is still quiet,
mostly.
Mr W. is in bed still,
with the Ninja Baby
and Boofus and The Caboose--
all whispering and occassionally giggling.

I can't tell what they're saying,
but it sounds pretty good from where
I'm sitting.

We have the Ninja baby down here
this weekend.
He is a drug for whatever ails you,
I swear.

We're getting ready for an overdue
Saturday breakfast.
Since my new job,
we haven't had a really good one
in at least a month and a half.
Being in the Working Mom class,
has cut into my life
interrupting the sweet things
and stealing away moments like
Gollum eating Frodo's crackers...
sneaky and unapologetic.

But today I'm off.
And tomorrow
n' Monday.
Three whole days to relish
"Home"--
to talk and laugh with my yahoos.
To sit on the edge of their beds
while they clean their rooms.
Did you know that just doing that one thing
gives my yahoos motivation to clean?
I don't know why,
but it works, it does.
It's like soul-therapy--
they talk while they clean
and I listen with both ears.

Which I don't always do--
listen with both ears, that is.
But today and tomorrow
I am.
I'm honing in on my yahoos voices
with my mother-heart,
and try to hear everything they're saying
and everything they're not.

This will be a weekend of healing
for this Working Mom.
It's long overdue for all of us.

I need to reconnect with these wonderful souls
I'm sharing this journey with--
to knit and weave the little blemishes
that daily life
and separation cause eruptions.

Unfinished sentences and thoughts
will be given priority--
I have nowhere else to go today.
Nothing is more important than the words
my family wants me to hear.

This is who I am.
This Mother-gig I have going,
the Nurturer of the home.
That's Me.


MMMM...I hear the crackling of bacon cooking
and the smell is wafting up to the loft.

Let the healing begin.

5 comments:

  1. you go girl, enjoy, soak it all up. I envy you, so you enjoy for all of us that don't have our family near by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Momza. I loved this reflection.
    Enjoy the candy and joy of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this, too. Reminds me of so many times sitting on my kids' beds while they cleaned. (Is this universal, or what?).

    I miss them!

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You have a wonderful, long weekend with your family. Rejuvenate your soul and recharge your batteries, because, you are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is me today. Think I'll do a bit of edge-of-the-bed sitting, too.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!