Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Joseph and His Hats of Many Colors

See this Boy? This boy loves hats.


 Your son at five is your master, at ten your slave, at fifteen your double, and after that, your friend or your foe, depending on his bringing up.  ~Author Unknown





He who can be a good son will be a good father.  ~Author Unknown

 Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.  ~Epictetus


 Giving your son a skill is better than giving him one thousand pieces of gold. 
 ~Chinese Proverb






 When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.  
~William Shakespeare




I asked him why he wears a hat every.single.day.


He just shrugged his shoulders, as if he didn't know.
"So I don't have to brush my hair?"
And that question in his voice made me wonder,
perhaps it's not just the hats that he loves.








7 comments:

  1. Oh, the ending of the post absolutely made my heart swell! Beautiful, beautiful. That's going to stay with me all day, thank you for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! That one is all boy!! Isn't it amazing what they learn when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry. What a beautiful way to show a son's love and respect for his father. Pictures = 1,000 words and priceless memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, I love all the quotes. I'll bet your son is tickled to be selected to be featured on your blog. You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sometimes I wish I could get away with the hat thing rather than do my hair - ha ha!!
    What a cutie and a great collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is so cute!! I love the picture, and I really appreciated the quotes. They were so sweet and gave me something to think about.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!