Wednesday, February 2, 2011

B-Baby It's C-Cold Outside for President Reagan's 100th Birthday

There's ice on the inside of my windows.
It's -38 degrees with the windchill.
Snow Day from school.

Had work yesterday,
will have it again today.
Shops are closed,
offices too.
But not the showroom.

Hard to believe, but true,
yesterday we had people come to the store
with their children in tow.

Seriously.
This, I do not understand.
And they were just "browsing."

Someone needs to tell young parents
that when the windchill is below zero,
keep your babies warm and at home.
Play legos.
Watch movies.
Pop popcorn.
Build a fort and get out the flashlights.
Anything, but keep their tootsies warm and toasty,
if you have a choice.

Mr. W's car didn't want to start this morning.
I was secretly  openly hoping he'd call in today,
but he works for a   enjoys having a job
and so he kept at it until the car started
then left.
Boo.

Today would've been President Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday.
I was young when he was elected.
I wrote a letter to the White House shortly after he was in Office--
basically it was a "thank you" type letter.
After President Carter,
we needed some fresh air.
Those were trying years,
and Reagan was great at what he accomplished.
One of my most favorite books,
is this one.
Letters he wrote to Nancy.
Sheesh, have a tissue nearby when you read it.

We could sure use another President Reagan these days.
We need a Leader.
Not a mouthpiece.
In my opinion.
I think he is missed.
Well, I miss him, I know that.
Oh, yeah, and I did get a signed letter back,
from Pres. Reagan responding to mine.
Cool, hunh?

Also, today is Groundhog Day.
Puxatawney Phil did NOT see his shadow,
so according to all the wingnuts that observe that quirk,
we'll have an early Spring.
I say,
Bring it!
Even if we don't have an early Spring,
we're still on the downside of Winter, right?
Which seems a long ways off,
when you're looking at ice inside your windows,
kids laying all over the familyroom
with blankets,
hot cocoa mugs on the counters
with tiny marshmallows
stuck in them,
and the thought of leaving the house
makes you wanna cry like a baby
and quit your job.
lol
Here's to hoping that Groundhog thing is the real deal.

10 comments:

  1. Ice inside your windows? Really?!

    Sheesh.

    I have led a sheltered existence.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya......Spring.......bring it!

    It isn't that cold here, no windchill here, but it is -25.

    Too bad there are knuckleheads that decide they want to browse around!
    We had a couple come into the ER this morning with their one year old and all they had this little ine dressed with was a onsie and a blanket!

    Stay warm my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reagan was a great guy. But apparently the world came terrifyingly close to nuclear war during his presidency. Makes me shiver to think of it!

    Hope its warm there for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we think we are freezing in AZ!! It is 22 with wind chill. That is pretty cold for us, but I feel so bad for my daughters in Provo and by you!! At least my daughter in the Springs, can stay home all day (and yes she did stay home yesterday). I got frost bite on my toes once when it was -6 and I was only out for 20 minutes. Going outside when it is that cold is crazy.

    Also, I loved what you wrote about Ronald Reagan. And I love that picture. What a handsome man he was!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Momza!
    awesome!!
    President Reagan was the real deal!
    He brought so much to the position..
    Class..
    Respect..
    for our country..
    for it's citizens..
    taking responsibility..
    for self..
    The IRA..an instrument for taking responsibility for one's own saving for retirement!
    so much..
    yes, we definitely need another strong leader!!
    I TRULY MISS HIM!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY RONNIE!!
    from your Fellow Americans..
    and me!
    warmest hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha - I share a birthday with Ronnie :) I was THRILLED with the Groundhog's prediction (for what it's worth... which probably isn't much) but my poor little 8 year old whose birthday is on the first day of Spring seems to think that if Winter ends early her little minor holiday doesn't matter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Momza, never DID understand how the Groundhog thingy works. . . . seems to me that spring in six weeks and an "early" spring refers to the same time frame.. . . :-0

    even so, the best thing about winter is summer, so here's whooopin' -n- hooolerin' for the best thing.

    ..
    .ero
    .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had ice inside my windows before, but it was when I was living on Donner Summit in an old, old house with single pane windows, and we had 10' of snow on the ground. Brrrr indeed! I agree, I loved Reagan. I will put that book on my to-read list. And seriously, going browsing when it's flippin' freezing? I agree, stay home and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it is so cold here! I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brrrrr, I am shivering just reading your post.

    I miss Mr. Reagan too. Our country is currently in sad shape with decisions being made daily that are careless...oh, I could go on and on but I am sure you get the picture.

    Bundle up and stay warm. (I love the image you created about the marshmellows dried in the cups, only a mother would notice that because she is the one that has to scrub the little buggers out.)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!