Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Love School!

No Snow Day today!
The yahoos are amazingly quiet
compared to the past two Snow Day mornings.

Their Snow Days have died.

I, on the other hand,
am thrilled that they'll be at school
while I'm at work--
that means,
that the house will still be clean
when I get home.
And that's make me happy.

There will not be a dozen cups on the kitchen counter,
every light in the house will not be turned on,
the front door will be closed most of the day,
the bread bag will be in the pantry,
and evidences that my yahoos have more than one pair of shoes
will be hidden away in their closets.
I love it when shoes are put away,
don't you?

I love that they'll go to their classes
and sit respectfully and do class work,
and they'll play their instruments
and do lessons this afternoon;
then we'll have something to talk about at dinner
that has nothing to do with
whining or complaining about one another.
I love it when the kids have had a busy day--
so busy that they're too tired to fuss.


Yes! sending the family out into the world
for a few hours
makes them appreciate how good they have it at home!!
Don't you think?!
I do
I do!!

I love school.

On the flip side,
the weatherdude says we're expecting
up to six inches of snow by Sunday.
If that happens,
then the yahoos will have another Snow Day
come Monday.
Better go get more hot cocoa.

6 comments:

  1. This weather is pretty crazy. I'm glad your house and kids are getting a school break!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why I will never home school my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a teacher, I don't know how women who work all year find the motivation to clean house, knowing many of those days you are gone the kids are home. I love being on the same schedule as my kids...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we are in the negative degrees, two hour delays and no end in sight. Maybe next week will be a little warmer. It took me 45 minutes to feel warm again this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, having a snow day is totally hard on the house!
    The Weatherdude needs to be smacked upside the head.
    I am SO over the cold.

    Yes, I love when the shoes are put away, but as I'm sitting here typing I realized that I have four pairs of shoes sitting by the door. *embarassing*
    It's cuz I take my shoes off before I take two steps inside. (I work in the ER and I don't want ER nastiness in my house)
    I guess I really shouldn't be so lazy and just bend over and put them away huh?
    Uh, maybe I could borrow your yahoos so I wouldn't feel like such a mess.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!