Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where I've Been and What I've Been Doing

I've been busy this week.
I would've loved to have blogged about it before now
but BLOGGER was messed up and wouldn't let me
create a New Post until now.

So here's the run-down:
Working with Kelly doing a Re-Design
for a friend.
We're loving this project--
mainly because we love this friend.
She's excited to work with us
and update her house.

Took Daisie on a tour of another High School
in the area...
the one Nana graduated from and enjoyed.
Can't say I really like the one Daisie goes to now
and I thought by just taking her to the school
she could see for herself.
So she's making a PROs and CONs list
to decide for herself.
The Choice date closes Feb, 25th.
We'll see.

Kids have been home sick...
coughing, throwing up, but no fever.
School says it's going around.
Ugh.

Found a really fun Decor store called
Real Deals here in the Springs.
Love it.
They're only open Thursday and Saturday.
I almost hyperventilated over the cute things there!

Went to another friend's hospital room to visit
as she is recovering from surgery for ovarian cancer.
That right there,
puts things into perspective real quick.
Things like hyperventilating over cute stuff
seems truly ridiculous.
Just teaches me that you can't wait for Life to give you
what you want,
you gotta reach out and grab it for yourself
and hold on tight to the people you love.
Enjoy every day you have left kinda stuff.
It's cliche, but so so true.

The weekend's nearly here
and I need a nap.

8 comments:

  1. The re-design sounds fun. I would love someone to re-design for my house. Sometimes when you have stuff for years and years it is hard to know how to change things up. I think you have a fun job and a great talent!
    The sick stuff is really going around ugh!
    I need a nap too it's been a long week - Hooray for President's Day off on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real Deals is my all-time favorite home decor store here. But there are two... one on North Carefree, and one on Janitell Drive (farther south). You must go to the one on Janitell Drive! The ladies there are so fun, and they offer 15% discounts all the time. LOVE that store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck choosing a school. That can always be a bit stressful.

    And I very much agree with the last part of your post. I had a good friend who died of cancer and my brother-in-law has it now. His is terminal, but they think they have bought him some time. But both experiences have taught me exactly what you said. Life is to be lived and we shouldn't pass through it on default mode. And you should never pass up an opportunity to be with the ones you love. (Trite but true as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are busy!

    BTW, I do appreciate the offer to send me the staging tips. One of my blog friends is an interior designer, and she offered me some tips, which I did, and it looks so much better already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so true. We really need to keep things in perspective! Love this today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to visit that store next time I'm out there...

    although now that you mention perspective I'm realizing I need so little...

    good reminder today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sick kids yucko- and as far as ovarian cancer- a subject near and dear to my heart. I am a 13 year survivor!! stage 3, and I certainly hope to live many more years. Tell it it CAN BE DONE.
    and last, with this move I sure could use some house staging tips (for both my house AND my mothers!!!!) we have repainted all the rooms and now are re-carpeting everything. We are shooting for March 1st as the listing date, although I have more work to do on my mothers house, glad your blog problems are over

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, a diagnosis of cancer will stop you in your tracks. We had our own scare when our son was just seventeen. I wish the best for your friend and her family.

    So you have a Real Deals too? We have one in our small town, who would have thought we could attract something like that? We can't even attract a Costco or Old Navy to our town. I agree with you, Real Deals does have cute stuff and they cover most decorating tastes.

    Glad blogger is being cooperative for you again. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!