Monday, March 7, 2011

Don't Do This At Home!


Peppermint Oil is supposed to be beneficial for many things
besides flavoring up chocolates and Doublemint gum
and candycane ice-cream.
It's touted as the world's oldest medicine;
it can be used for tummy aches, poison ivy rashes,
removing a tick (ewww)
and can repel bugs too.
It can also be used for congestion.

Peppermint oil's miracles are numerous, really.

So when my sweet friend, Heather offered to
send me a free sample of her
Doterra peppermint oil,
you bet I took her up on that offer!

It came at the perfect time too--
last week I had a miserable sinus infection.
You know the kind where your head is throbbing
and your teeth hurt?
Yeah, I was one big ball of hurt.

I had to run some errands for that bridal shower
I threw that night,
and on the way out,
I checked the mail and Heather's little package was there.
I opened the oil,
smelled it
and started driving down the street.
I had Nana open the little sample
and then dabbed a tiny bit of the oil
on my sinuses.
Immediately,
the aroma started opening my sinuses
and I thought I'd found the relief I was craving.

Then my eyes started watering,
like really watering,
running down my cheeks!
SO what'd I'd do?
I rubbed them with
the
same
fingers
I'd just dabbed with oil.
Oh yes, I did.

Owwwweeee.

I had to pull the car off the road.

Nana asked, "Mom, is it burning?"

My eyes are now tearing up so much
I can barely see.

"Yeah. Un-hunh. Tissue?
It's really warm and burning,
but also minty fresh."

Apparently, just a lil' dab'l do ya.


A well-applied tissue set me right,
so no permanent damage was done.
And this knucklehead learned a lesson.



Let that be a warning. On so many levels.

6 comments:

  1. My hair stylist used a new shampoo that was heavy on the peppermint. My scalp burned for 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so you had a little peppermint over dose? Sorry you had to learn that lesson just so the rest of us don't. You're too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! That stings!!

    (even reading about it)

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry!! I did email you about only using one drop, right? Hope they at least let your sinuses stay clear for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am laughing with you, I promise. I have done exactly the same thing myself. I know how much it hurts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to a 'party' last week. I was hoping for a miracle cure all for my owie foot and laziness. But as I 'smelt' each one I discovered....it all STINKETH. I went away hanging head in sadness.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!